Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:16 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I like poetry, but as of now I am fed up with it.

There have been some very worthy attempts at poetry of late, but , as Pug has pointed out, there is more, much more to poetry than simply writing rhyming couplets. I include myself in this respect.I am the major culprit
No disrespect intended, the aforementioned rhyming couplets still deserve our appreciation
RJ at your stage and age of life you cannot afford to be fed up with anything! really!

there was an old man called RJ
who even got fed up with the day
he would moan and would groan, from the dawn on his throne
and couldn't wait till nurse Phyllis switched off his groan?

well it is earlyish!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:24 AM

I had an idea last night for something new that might feed the fertile imaginations of my fellow scribblers, it might just suit this thread as you have imagination coming out your ears here, just look at the flurry of recent poems. I have not seen this done anywhere before, maybe we could give it a try, if it doesn’t work who cares.
Here’s the deal. There are thousands of old songs out there and we all know plenty of them, pick a few lines of a song and associate it with yourself in a short tale, the bigger the porkies the better, and maybe a moral at the end. Post the utube video too if you like, actually the fact that I can’t do that gave me the idea. There is a wealth of songs out there to choose from, say if you were a country and western fan you could spin a good yarn about you and “The Hanging Tree” (I’d recommend that one for gummy)
No rules just observe the general forum rules as usual. Here’s an example of what I’m on about.

Rubber ball, I come bouncin' back to you
Rubber ball, I come bouncin' back to you
I'm like a rubber ball
Baby that's all that I am to you (bouncy, bouncy) (bouncy, bouncy)

Yes I remember that girl well, she bounced my poor young innocent heart from wall to wall just like that rubber ball, she was no good, a heartless ice cold selfish individual, all the lads used to call me Hoppy because I bounced so much. It’s no lie that Hoppy was not a hoppy bunny (sorry, I have a bit of a code on me)
Then as I grew older I began to bounce higher and higher and just when she thought she’d caught me, I bounced over the wall and out of her life for good.
So you see lads, the moral here is a man can only take so much bouncing around and if he doesn’t bounce away one day he will eventually burst and be no good to himself or anyone else, I know, I was that ball.

I also was that soldier who got chucked out of church for reading a deck of cards instead of a prayer book, I tried to explain to the officer, “You see Sir, when I look at the ace it reminds me that there is only one God…” and so on, but he wouldn’t hear tell of it, I got one years hard for that.
Yes folks the world can be very cruel to a caring young man, the tough guys get all the breaks, and all the glamorous birds too, by the looks of it anyway. (Heavy sigh)

Chew it over and see what you come up with, meanwhile the wife and me are off for the day, that’s why I’m up so early, see you all later tonight.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
RJ at your stage and age of life you cannot afford to be fed up with anything! really!

there was an old man called RJ
who even got fed up with the day
he would moan and would groan, from the dawn on his throne
and couldn't wait till nurse Phyllis switched off his groan?

well it is earlyish!
I totally agree with you old boy. The world is a wonderful place, someday I'd like to see it, but here in bed with my duvet formed like a tent I have limited vista.

BtW for nurse Phyllis read nurse Gillian
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 08:37 AM

Ok OK - let's humor him for a while - and keep throwin ya poems in if ya want RJ

here's mine:

it's been a hard day's night
And I've been working like a dog
It's been a hard day's night
I should be sleeping like a log

some people will know that I have always been a pretty [ yes well good looking] worker and recently have labelled myself a 24 hr man - cos I just sleep wake; eat ; drink and fart just when I feel like - I can be awake at midnight drop off for a few hr and back again at 4am - why only the other day I awoke at 4am sitting in my pc chair with a glass of beer still in my hand watching or shall I say dozing one of my favorite sitcoms "sitcom on elm drive" I think it was called.

so these lines and song epitomise - yes you've got epitom eyes too pugsie ; who I am - a man of the universe just floating about 24 hrs a 24 hr day and it's a bloody hard days night!

the morale of this tale is when sitting on ya pc chair at night make sure it's the one with arms surrounding it - mine wasn't the other night and my hard days night finished up on the bedroom floor!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 12:58 PM

Blimey!!!!

What Do You Want???

What do you want if you don't want poetry
What do you want if you don't want prose
Say what you want and I'll give it to you scribblers
Wish you wanted my sweets, maybe
What do you want if you don't want stories
What do you want if you don't want Gifs
Say what you want and I'll give it to you scribblers
Wish you wanted my sweets, maybe
Well I'm offering you this heart of mine
But all you do is play the fool
What do you want
Oh my you're making a boy outta me
One of these days when you need my sweeties
One of these days when you want my help
Just call my name, and I'll be happy
Then I'll run to your thread, maybe
Well I'm trying to do the best I can
But all you do is confuse me now
What do you want
Oh boy you're goin' to keep me all day
One of these days when we are all happy
One of these days when you want me here
Don't turn around coz I'll be naughty
Then you'll want my sweets, maybe
Oh well, then you'll wanta my sweets maybe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DcYepES7Eo
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Ok,Jem-let's give this'un a bash:-
"Remember when you ran away
and I got on my knees and begged you
not to go or else I'd go berserk?!?"

Weeeeell.....she went anyway.
Took all my crayons AND my best teddy [the one with one ear].
No way I could cope with the anger, the pain,the suppressed rage.
So-I became a custard juggler in a travelling circus.
Now-this may seem unlikely to you,
it may even read as if I was making it up...

...but what the HELL d'you think I'm doing standing here wearing clowns feet, a big red nose, with two pints of cold custard in my hair? EH?!?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 04:04 PM

Where is Gummy?
Oh where can he be
Lost in a bottle, or watching TV
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 04:08 PM

Or sat in the dunny surrounded by flies.
[His dunny stinks, but that's not a surprise.]
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2018, 04:11 PM

ooAAARH
IT TAKES YOU BACK ENNIT

And they're coming to take me away ha-haaa
They're coming to take me away ho-ho hee-hee ha-haaa
To the funny farm
Where life is beautiful all the time
And I'll be happy to see those nice young men
In their clean white coats
And they're coming to take me away ha-haa

THIS WAS OK IN 1966..
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK

30-08-2018, 04:16 PM

SEE?

That's the continuation of my "Remember when you ran way" post!

I genuinely did wonder if anyone would recognise it.
Well done,RJ.
You just won a night out at gumbo's favourite gay bar,you LUCKY man!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top