Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 09:33 AM

Re: Wingwalk success !

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's right. The companies that provide these events are not charities in themselves. Having said that, I would like to think they could charge less for a charity event.
Having helped run a charity for years I've never found a company not willing to do things for cost price longdogs, many will even offer a freebie if they have family or friends that have had the problem you are raising money for.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 09:35 AM

This whole concept was dreamed up by the charities as a way of raising funds by allowing people a reason to enjoy doing something extraordinary without feeling guilty regarding the cost. There are still costs to the participants, however. We paid a £100 registration fee, we personally made a £50 donation to start the ball rolling so with that and our incidental travel and fundraising expenses it cost us personally around £200 for the experience. Many more people enjoyed the day itself, with 22 of our family and friends turning up at the airfield to watch, and hopefully it also gave some of you pleasure by seeing the pictures and video.(now on youtube)

It is, in fact, a very successful system of fund raising from which many people benefit. The charities are, of course, the main beneficiaries with not just the funds raised but also with the publicity and awareness that these events provide.

So I say long may these events continue, and as long as there are still a few bonkers thrill seekers around, I am sure that they will.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
This whole concept was dreamed up by the charities as a way of raising funds by allowing people a reason to enjoy doing something extraordinary without feeling guilty regarding the cost. There are still costs to the participants, however. We paid a £100 registration fee, we personally made a £50 donation to start the ball rolling so with that and our incidental travel and fundraising expenses it cost us personally around £200 for the experience. Many more people enjoyed the day itself, with 22 of our family and friends turning up at the airfield to watch, and hopefully it also gave some of you pleasure by seeing the pictures and video.(now on youtube)

It is, in fact, a very successful system of fund raising from which many people benefit. The charities are, of course, the main beneficiaries with not just the funds raised but also with the publicity and awareness that these events provide.

So I say long may these events continue, and as long as there are still a few bonkers thrill seekers around, I am sure that they will.

Btw, I have found a parachute for hire in your size so will send you the link.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

Well said. A friend of mine did a parachute jump for charity she worked at a bank and both staff and customers sponsored her, raising thousands for her chosen charity..
Theres no way she could have raised that much by doing a walk or rattleing a tin even if she had taken a month to do it..
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 11:47 AM

The charities have helped a lot of people realise their dream....a dream once far out of reach.....take skydive clubs, for instance, flourishing instead of dying.....charities have helped the dying realise their new found dreams/aspirations and get donations to boot.

As I said earlier....the charities are the ones that exploit the nutcases()
Not the other way around.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 05:10 PM

Well done Rosemary! I'll bet that wing walk is something you will never forget! and so you shouldn't. You are one brave lady, Poor Barry, I'll bet he had no nails left whilst you were up there in the heavens. You should be rightly very very proud of yourself and your achievement. And to get so much money for your charity is wonderful. Congratulations xx
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 06:01 PM

Many thanks Mary, I will pass on your congratulations.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2017, 11:01 PM

You ought to describe what the video uploaded to YouTube is all about Barry and include a link to the charity.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top