Join for free
Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Re: Do you believe,that you can open yourself up,to much,

I wouldn't go running to tell the teacher. I tried to understand her but coming at me with insults was uncalled for. My way of dealing with her was to use the ignore button. I wish it were possible to block completely. I don't like to associate with people such as her, luckily she is the only one I have felt the need to ignore because for the most part people are polite and can express themselves without resorting to rudeness.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I wouldn't go running to tell the teacher. I tried to understand her but coming at me with insults was uncalled for. My way of dealing with her was to use the ignore button. I wish it were possible to block completely. I don't like to associate with people such as her, luckily she is the only one I have felt the need to ignore because for the most part people are polite and can express themselves without resorting to rudeness.
Well you have done the best thing then. Not many people have mutual blocks & sometimes it can spoil their enjoyment of posting on threads that the other person has started... because you are not allowed to!
At least with the ignore you can avoid reading the other persons opinions but still post your own for the other posters to read.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:15 PM

Just remember, if you don't like the style of a poster, you don't have to live with them (well, some of us don't).
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:17 PM

Mutual blocks are the pits
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Mutual blocks are the pits
Why? I.d really like her to put me on ignore too.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Why? I.d really like her to put me on ignore too.
It's just the way I see it, others might say it's wonderful!

To me, it's two mature people who dislike one another's guts so much that they can't be trusted to reply to one another's posts without insults and rancour.
So much so, that other posters get pissed off with them and avoid threads where they are, and the mods scuttle round in circles deleting posts and trying to keep the peace!
So they're given a Mutual Block whereby they're both forbidden to post a reply to the other one, or post on one anothers threads.

It's not in the same league as being responsible yourself for ignoring someone you don't like.

But that's only one opinion of many.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2018, 01:35 PM

**Thread locked pending a review.

Page 10 of 10 « First < 8 9 10

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top