Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 07:36 PM

Dog cross breeding

My niece has a Staffy female and has now got a Rotty male...both unneutered . am I right in thinking this sort of cross breading could be used for dog fights ..I hope not .but as an animal lover I am a little worried
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 07:45 PM

Re: Dog cross breeding

Yes, they are used in fights, also it would be cruel to mate a dog as large as a Rottweiler with a smaller bitch I think.
She may have trouble giving birth if the puppies are too big.
That's just my opinion.
Baxter8
Somerset
Baxter8 is female  Baxter8 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 07:46 PM

Certainly a combination of the two breeds would be attractive to potential dog-fighting rings. What is her reasoning for having an uneuteured male and female? Any pups are, I would imagine very difficult to home and will inevitably end up in poorly equipped homes.

I have a staffie by the way. I also think he has a touch of rottweiller in him.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 08:30 PM

Such a mating will inevitably produce a ' pit bull type.'
Subject to arbitrary confiscation and euthanasia .
Not a good combination .
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 08:50 PM

thank you all for your thoughts ...I will def. be having words with her
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes, they are used in fights, also it would be cruel to mate a dog as large as a Rottweiler with a smaller bitch I think.
That's just my opinion.
Not just your opinion TessA it's common knowledge and terribly sad when it happens.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 09:30 PM

That's just my opinion.
TessA yes you are spot on. Every one knows this, well that's everyone with any sort of feeling towards animals.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 11:51 PM

That's just my opinion

I entirely agree Tess.
A pointless and irresponsible cross, which will probably invite the wrong sort of people to offer homes.

a)Tomcat, is your niece really intending to breed them, or are they just her 'pets' and she intends getting them neutered?

b)Has she any experience in breeding a litter?

c)Has she got any idea of the health test requirements for both breeds?

d)Is she aware she will need to give new owners copies of these certificates?

e)Has she suitable facilities and finances for rearing a potentially large litter?

f)Has she got any homes booked in advance?

g) Is she aware of the new micro chipping regulations for a litter (and parents).

I would ask her these questions if she were my niece.
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 07:42 AM

I would strongly advise her to have one or preferably both dogs neutered .
The chances of finding one good home for such a cross never mind several are extremely remote .
I also agree with all the other good advice given here .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:26 AM

My sister once had a staff/pitbull cross. He was the most gentle dog and was totally loved until he died aged 14.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top