Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2012, 08:04 AM

Bbq.

I'm sat in bed, with the curtains drawn back, waiting for my lovely husband to bring me a cup of teait's his job And I'm watching the nasty grey clouds float by
My local weather forecast was for a fine day and on that promise, I rang family and friends to invite them to a BBQ.
Arrangements made, food in stock, drinks on ice.
I hate the unpredictability of the Brithish weather
Still, with true English grit and stiff upper lip, the arrangements will go ahead, albeit with indoor cooker grill and George foreman.
It looks like it will be a soggy day but we will endure
On the other hand though, there is still time for the nasty grey clouds to disperse and the sun to make a much needed appearance. The heart is ever hopeful.

Enjoy your day, in your part of the world, what ever you are doing and what ever the weather
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2012, 08:51 AM

Re: Bbq.

I hope things work out for you today Mall, after all the preparations you've made you deserve it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2012, 09:22 AM

BBQ? Hope it clears for you! I have friends who do a bbq every Christmas Day, regardless of the weather, so I'm sure you'll manage.

Here in West Cork, however, we've forgotten what dry weather is. Haven't been able to mow the lawn for nearly a month and still it's sodden with more rain forecast...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2012, 09:40 AM

I love a barbecue Mall, so I'll be over in a couple of hours with some extra bangers and several barrowfuls of sunshine just for you..... Enjoy......
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2012, 12:22 PM

Mall darlin' - we don't have the same weather down here. At 04.10 this morning, my room thermostat was reading 24oC. and that with the balcony door wide open and a large bedroom window open and the connecting door also flung wide open. Its now 12.20 and we have wall-to-wall sunshine, not a cloud in the sky and the temperature is soaring up to around 27oC. typical BBQ weather here!!!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2012, 05:25 PM

for UJ...Are you enjoying compounding my weather misery
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2012, 06:21 PM

Its boiling here still and the BBQ is in full swing as we speak. Luckily I have aircon in my bedroom so no problems sleeping which otherwise there would be and tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter maybe 31 dgs
TWHRider
South Eastern U.S.
TWHRider is female  TWHRider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2012, 06:36 PM

I hope the weather clears for you

We B-B-Q all year long, even when the snow flies and even when I lived up on the Ohio/Pennsylvania border and the wind chill would hit the teens - lollol

That's what they make porch awnings, beer and brandy for

The only workout the stove gets is for the "additives"

We've got decent weather. Finally a big cool down in temps and the air is a lot more dry. We had enough rain in July to get us down from "severe" drought status, to "just barely and we're making up for lost mowing time - yuk.

One horse and his horse babysitter are in sick bay on the west side of the barn and that area needs mowed pretty bad. I am off here to get mowing with the little garden tractor since we're out of diesel for the bigger one.

Mr. TWH is a Hypertensive Type A kinda guy and doesn't pay attention to which direction the tractor's throwing grass <---I need to get to it before he does because I can't afford to have the horse with the torn ligament go hop-scotching around from flying grass
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-08-2012, 12:02 AM

Hope you had the BBQ Mall.
Just to rub salt in it would have been far too hot for a BBQ today, the temp went over 30C and it makes me feel ill.
It is still 26C now and I'm awaiting my turn in the shower before going to bed.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

19-08-2012, 09:47 AM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh, and it's still chucking rain down here...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top