Join for free
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 01:02 PM

Odd Hobbies

Just listening to Radio 2 and they are chatting about odd hobbies. One chap keeps a diary of everytime he mows his lawn been keeping a diary for years, another collects old rusty nails has hundreds, another chap collects traffic cones he has over 500!! Then theres the chap that collects remote controls another collects vacuum cleaners he has over 300.
So do you or anyone you know have odd hobbies? I started collecting sand from countries i visited during my time in the Royal Navy and it carried on so whenever i go abroad i usually bring a matchbox full of sand home i know sad isnt it? ☺
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 01:12 PM

Re: Odd Hobbies

I heard about this too Doc - one guy travels the country taking photos of hedges
My hobby used to be song writing ..............
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 04:17 PM

I collect ear wax Doc ...I have pots of it all nice and waxy!!!! ROFL!!! NO not really ...bet it had you going though...
I cant say ive got any odd hobbies or anyone I know
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 04:23 PM

Not really odd but my husband collects clocks it's annoying dusty and noisy mostly.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2015, 09:00 PM

My older Brother is an oddball He collects Cadbury's paper chocolate wrappers all varieties from a long time ago, but some countries still sell the paper type ones not the plastic ones we have today. Also Lindt wrappers all varieties and Ritter Sport. Yikes!! He started last month with the new Kit Kat named leisure bars... But he said they were 36? to collect but you would never get them all as they were in packs..

He also collect Baxter's soup wrappers and all because he was a few short of the set he threw them all away? WTF?? I couldn't believe it

In the 70's he collected Beer Mats all different sets and rare ones, i think he sold some of them though..

I collect allsorts my latest is 50p coins with Olympics and Commemorative ones from the past

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top