Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 09:14 PM

Thankyou all..a appology

I have been a member on this Forum for only a few weeks ...I have already barraged you all with threads and added my input to a few other threads I hope you dont think i am taking advantage but ..........It may seem that i am spilling my problems on you all , but there is a saying "a problem shared ......" well you know the rest ...it certainly does help...I feel privileged to be accepted on here and I thank you all for your replies....Hopefully i may be able to one day help someone in my position ......
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 09:44 PM

Re: Thankyou all..a appology

I don't think anyone minds your posts Not me, that's for sure.

I read all the replies with interest, and I firmly believe that all members here are genuinely nice and really like to help solve problems, or give advice to the best of their ability. Sometimes we all need a person to 'listen' to us and as you said yourself, a trouble shared is a trouble halved.
You keep posting.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

25-02-2012, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
I have been a member on this Forum for only a few weeks ...I have already barraged you all with threads and added my input to a few other threads I hope you dont think i am taking advantage but ..........It may seem that i am spilling my problems on you all , but there is a saying "a problem shared ......" well you know the rest ...it certainly does help...I feel privileged to be accepted on here and I thank you all for your replies....Hopefully i may be able to one day help someone in my position ......
Why on earth apologise Steve, it is sad to read the problems you are having and I sincerely hope that you turn a corner soon and things start to improve but you should never have to say sorry.

Being a long time retired I worked in a different world to that of today, a world where employment was easy to come by and perhaps we have no real conception of what it is like these days.
Perhaps you do us a good turn to tell how it really is for a lot of people.
If it helps in any way to unburden yourself even in the short term just write what you feel.

Good luck and best wishes.
George.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 11:19 PM

Steve if we could wave a magic wand and get you out of your predicament we would.

I think most people go through bad times at some stage in their lives, just tell yourself it won't be forever.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 11:28 PM

Steve, keep your pecker up friend, certainly no need to apologise at all. Being let down like this can affect your confidence sometimes and understandably so. Three times I have reached out for help from kind members here and they came up trumps for me, really they did. I would do it again if I wanted to without hesitation. There is something special about this forum and we are very lucky, you are one of us.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2012, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
As Hammer said, no need for apologies, those who can help will willingly do so, and no one is forced to read every thread. In fact I only usually have time to visit at weekends so I miss a lot that goes on during the week.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2012, 12:55 AM

Steve you have absolutely no need to apologise whatsoever.

My only concern for you is that you do pour out your heart which guests can also read. Please note that there is a Members' Only section on here which guests can't read, but it is your choice as to where you post.

It is sometimes very important to get advice from folk when you've no one else to turn to, and the members on here to my mind are absolutely genuine.

Like George said, we all need to unburden ourselves from time to time, and we are your friends on here.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2012, 08:17 AM

Steve, this board is not a teenager one where they just do not care about anyone but themselves, here we are wise and full of help and advice for others who are in need.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2012, 06:14 PM

I dont think I warrant using the members only board just yet ...if someone in the same situation as myself see my posts then perhaps they will realise they aint the only one out there
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2012, 08:44 PM

We all started out on here looking for friends and were allgiven that friendship, everyone thinks in diferent ways and it may help someone out there, keep talking ukmartian. When you are a member of this Forum you arent ever alone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top