Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 12:03 PM

Dreams .... Anyone Experienced Anything Weird ?

This happened to me last night, so I thought I would share it in case anyone else had any similar experiences ...

I work for myself, I work in a enormously stressful job and I'm accountable and responsible for my decisions, not just to the companies I work for but also regulatory authorities and USA, European and UK courts. So it's quite full on most of the time.

Lately, and because of COVID many workers like me have seen their work increase massively in the health / Pharma industries and for me, its got to the point where I suffer sometimes from anxiety with the huge pressure and stress. Last night with the thought of going to work today and opening my inbox of issues and problems, the anxiety hit an all time high and so I decided I would go to bed earlier than normal to prepare for today.

As I slept, I started dreaming ....

I was with my dog (who was put to sleep about 10 years ago) and walking through a park. We were walking slowly enjoying the fresh air and I could hear the crunching of my feed on the gravel path; trees line the path with fields either side and every 20 yards or so an empty park bench where people could sit and feed the birds.

As I walked I came across another park bench but this time there was a small boy sitting in it. He was on his own, about 7 years old, swinging his feet as his feet wouldn't touch the floor with clothes that looked like something from the 1970s. I can still see it so vividly now, a hand knitted brown cardigan, a light blue checked shirt, short grey trousers and black shoes. He was looking at the floor and sobbing his heart out, he looked up at me as I was walking by and as I looked at him I noticed he had a "pudding bowl" hair cut and loads of freckles on his face.

I stopped and spoke to him.....

"Don't worry", I said. "You're a brilliant young lad, you're funny, everyone loves you and your going to do really well. You should be happy, not sitting there all upset".

I then said this to the boy....

"Here is some advice, don't live your life according to other peoples expectations, live your life according to your own", and as I finished the sentence the boy stopped sobbing and I gradually woke up and slid out of bed to go downstairs to get. a drink. As my hazy, dream-like state cleared and I took a sip of water, I suddenly became really overcome with emotion as I remembered the dream and figured some things out.

The little boy, sitting on the bench that I was talking to was actually me, aged about 7, wearing the home made knitted cardigan my Nan made for me, my favourite checky (party) shirt and my school shorts.

Weird eh ?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2020, 12:47 PM

Re: Dreams .... Anyone Experienced Anything Weird ?

Very weird, Bread but very fascinating. Your memory of it was so clear and profound. I usually forget mine!

I thought the little boy might be you. Maybe, you will dream the sequel tonight?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2020, 12:34 PM

Nothing is forgotten when see, hear, taste, touch and smell something Bread. Sometimes it works to our advantage by being able to remember things we were taught at school, uni or just from experience. Sometimes it works against us when we witness a harrowing scene and are unable to get it out of our minds, or lose a loved one or a loyal pet. It all goes in to the caverns of our minds.....and can be regurgitated in dreams, especially in times of stress....It is all relevant to you, and may even be a solution to a problem that you have been struggling with. How many times have you gone to bed on a problem and woke up with the answer?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Nothing is forgotten when see, hear, taste, touch and smell something Bread. Sometimes it works to our advantage by being able to remember things we were taught at school, uni or just from experience. Sometimes it works against us when we witness a harrowing scene and are unable to get it out of our minds, or lose a loved one or a loyal pet. It all goes in to the caverns of our minds.....and can be regurgitated in dreams, especially in times of stress....It is all relevant to you, and may even be a solution to a problem that you have been struggling with. How many times have you gone to bed on a problem and woke up with the answer?
I used to do that all the time OGF when I was a programmer. I would go to bed and when I woke up I'd have solutions to the stuff I was working on, so I just typed it all in in the morning.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 10:25 AM

Sounds like your older, wiser 'higher self' gave you a helping hand with a pep talk, Bread.
Perhaps you need to try and calm down and empty your 'mental In tray' more often, before it gets to overfill next time. Learn some relaxation techniques.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 10:44 AM

I have always been convinced that the Human brain works just like a Computer.

i.e. all experiences are stored, those which are repetitive are stored closer to to front.

When we are asleep, I think that the brain goes into a kind of sorting mode, pulling out images and filing them back where more appropriate.

I suspect that the dreams we have are part of the reviewing process, i.e. having another look and working out what we really have. All this when the brain is "Off Line".

If my thinking is correct, I could see a time when some new experience resulted in an old experience being pulled out for a re-look, and resulting in a re-filing in a different way. Maybe because much more info is available about what was actually see.

Maybe, that way, an unresolved problem, as experienced by some, gets fixed .

As a last thought, I dream quite a lot and have noticed that nearly all of my dreams include searching for a missing something, maybe where the car was parked, the way home from somewhere, etc.

Ooops, rambling again!

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 10:49 AM

Interesting message from you to you who you are now . Dreams really are interesting and can be problem solving if we listen
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 11:02 AM

When I was a small child, I struggled with being taught how to do my shoelaces up. I was shown time after time but still had trouble. I don't know why. Maybe something to do being left-handed.

One night I had a dream of looking down at my hands tying a shoelace perfectly. I woke up immediately, put a shoe on and did the lace up easily. Definitely a dream lightbulb moment.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2020, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I have always been convinced that the Human brain works just like a Computer.

i.e. all experiences are stored, those which are repetitive are stored closer to to front.

When we are asleep, I think that the brain goes into a kind of sorting mode, pulling out images and filing them back where more appropriate.

I suspect that the dreams we have are part of the reviewing process, i.e. having another look and working out what we really have. All this when the brain is "Off Line".

If my thinking is correct, I could see a time when some new experience resulted in an old experience being pulled out for a re-look, and resulting in a re-filing in a different way. Maybe because much more info is available about what was actually see.

Maybe, that way, an unresolved problem, as experienced by some, gets fixed .

As a last thought, I dream quite a lot and have noticed that nearly all of my dreams include searching for a missing something, maybe where the car was parked, the way home from somewhere, etc.

Ooops, rambling again!

Good post Ted!
A couple of times l never did find the car??
Instead l woke myself up and convinced myself that l was only
dreaming?

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top