Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 03:31 PM

thank you email

I had to to qwit my job not long ago
this is a e mial from the oldest boy he would like to share it just goes to show how mutch infulance you make in childrens lives been with him since he was 3 years old
Everyone misses you so much and we are all really worried for you. I hope you are feeling ok. I know this must be really scary for you but I know you can do. You managed to look after us three for almost a decade (a truly amazing feet !!!!!!!! You can do anything. I'm sure this surgery feels really scary right now but I'm sure it will be over before you know and you'll be feeling good as ever. Good luck on your surgery . I also wanted to say how truly amazing it has been for me the past years to have you looking after us. You were like a grandma, a mother and a sister all wrapped in one. Whether you were baking for or helping us when we were down you were always there for us and that meant the world to us.
I remember when I was away from school because I had pneumonia and you came over at whatever time mom needed you because we really were important you. For that week and any other time I was ill you were right there to give us an ice pack or get us some water or make us some lunch or even give us a hug. I'm going miss that forever. And you were also one of the best friends I'll ever have. If I was upset or just needed to talk things out, you were sitting right there with an ear ready to listen and a shoulder ready cry on. Whether I was just really stressed out or my brothers were bothering me, you gave that alone time that, without you, I would never have gotten.
So much of who I am today is because of you. You taught how to enjoy the simple things and not let life overwhelm you. You gave me advice on how to just relax and let go. These, unlike lessons you learn in school, are lessons that follow you wherever you go and make you a better person. Because of you, I have more self confidence and have learned what true happiness meant. I don't think I ever would have had enough time to soak up all of the wisdom you have to offer but from the time I've spent with you I've learned so much.
Finally, I've learned so much about you. You have such an honest compassion for others in the world, you inspire me to be a better person. You never give up. You always are willing to do a little something extra just to make someone's life a little bit better. I truly believe that you are one of the kindest, maybe the kindest, person I have ever met and that I am better off just for knowing you.
As I write this letter, I am reminded how much you mean to me by not only the ornaments scattered around the room, but tears that are welling up in my eyes and the lump developing in my throat. I miss you so much and hope that you succeed in endeavour you tackle from here on in. I love you so dearly, this good bye is like letting go of a close family member. I would say good bye for ever, but I know that's not true because we have to get together soon.

Sincerely,
Your Friend, Braxton
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 04:50 PM

Re: thank you email

What a lovely tribute, Pixie!
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 04:55 PM

thats wonderful Pixie, you must feel very proud
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 05:02 PM

A very fine tribute indeed Pixie, I'm sure you're very proud of him, children never forget kindness and love, well done.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 05:41 PM

That was really nice and sad at the same time, poor boy really trusted you, you must feel very proud.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Oh Pixie, what a wonderful letter. Something to keep with you forever. Well done, be proud of what you have given that family. I feel sure you will be getting some visits as they grow older.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 06:37 PM

That's wonderful and heartwarming, Pixie ..... I don't know about you but it brought a lump to my throat just reading it.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 09:14 PM

It brought a lump to my throat as well. They've probably seen more of you than their own mum over the last 10 years so to them you were more than just a nanny.

There's a lot of love in that email from Braxton and I'm sure he speaks for his younger brothers as well.

It was a very thoughtful thing for him to do, and you'll be seeing them again no doubt after you're operation.

Bless you lass.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 09:33 PM

It brought a lump to my throat too.

That was a very heartfelt message to you Pixie, and you must feel so proud.

I'm sure you will meet up in the very near future
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-11-2011, 09:50 PM

wow Pixie that brought tears to my eyes, how wonderful and touching.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top