Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 12:54 PM

Stormy Saturday

Good morning all from a windy old day in Sherwood. Another few hours of this and the leaves will finally have been stripped from the trees...

Pizza for lunch today and then a walk through the forest with the dogs, prior to lighting the fire and relaxing with the papers for the rest of the afternoon...

Have a great day yourselves...

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 12:54 PM

Re: Stormy Saturday

That's the name they've given the day after Black Friday in the United States. Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year and Saturday we're supposed to support the mom & pop small stores. It's all so confusing as I don't shop on any day. LOL

Good morning all. I wonder where everybody is this morning? I haven't seen a starter post from AB so I'm posting one. I pray you'll have a wonderful day.

I got good word yesterday when the pharmaceutical company that makes my post costly prescription, Avodart, is going to pick up the entire tab for a year's supply of the medication. That saves me about $120 a month. Yippee!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 01:12 PM

Good afternoon Bob

I haven't seen you on here for a while, that maybe because I only have time to visit at weekends, anyway nice to see you again

I did see some clips of all the shoppers pouring into the stores some where in New York at 6am in the morning, crazy there's not often I get up at 6am these days and I sure as hell wouldn't do so to go elbow to elbow in some department store and then have to hand over money

I might do it if they paid me, but it would have to be big bucks as they say
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 01:19 PM

Good afternoon all, a nice fresh crispy day here and no rain, the wind is not as strong as it was last night. I had a great night last night and I am being punished for it today, I drank slightly more than usual and my old head is not the best today, anyway it was worth it.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend folks.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Good afternoon Bob

I haven't seen you on here for a while, that maybe because I only have time to visit at weekends, anyway nice to see you again

I did see some clips of all the shoppers pouring into the stores some where in New York at 6am in the morning, crazy there's not often I get up at 6am these days and I sure as hell wouldn't do so to go elbow to elbow in some department store and then have to hand over money

I might do it if they paid me, but it would have to be big bucks as they say
That madness in New York started when a woman in the crowd decided to gain an advantage and actually pepper sprayed a number of folks resulting in a dangerous riot. I refuse to be part of such a low grade portion of society. I shop online.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 01:44 PM

Good afternoon everyone cloudy and cool here after a few sunny days, no sign of any rain though.

We will be entertaining our grandchildren this afternoon while their mum and dad go to a wedding later. So it will be fun and games until this evening

Jem, pleased to hear you had a good time last night but sorry you are feeling the result of it today!

Enjoy your day folks!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 03:08 PM

Good afternoon all I had the twins here for lunch so it has been a busy morning cooking and playing with them.

Chloe and I can now relax in peace and enjoy our weekend starting with a walk in the fields shortly

Have a pleasant weekend everyone .
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 03:48 PM

Good afternoon all.

It's windy, rainy, cold, damp and just miserable here today. The trees at the back are swaying badly and I can here the wind whistling through the phone cables.

I'm toying with the idea of nipping up the road in the car to a local supermarket for some odds and ends, but I might pass on that and just stay where I am where it's warm.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 05:01 PM

Hi all. Sunny and relatively mild: near 11 A M and 17℃ (62℉); happened to see the sunrise this morning as I was up to go to the loo and it was stunning, but a red sun at morning means the bad weather is coming! The weather people agree that rain's on the way. I was sitting outside in the sun this morning checking my mail before I picked grass, when I heard a loud noise, and saw the geese flying by high above; first time I've seen them this season. They are so beautiful.

Bob, great news about your meds! Jem, a bit of the hair of the dog.....??I shop online too, and am finished.

Stay alert!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-11-2011, 05:28 PM

Before you picked grass, Eileen? You're not going to smoke it are you.

Well, I decided to go to the shop after all. It's literally five minutes away by car, but oh boy is it getting busy now. I went at a time when it's normally fairly quiet, but it was quite busy today.

I picked up a few good bargains though and, although still wild outside, I'm glad I went.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top