Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 09:05 AM

Wild and windy Wednesday

Good morning fellow members .

Wild and windy here today though still fine and mild.

Chloe and I have been for our morning walk . Still no mushrooms in the field which is a bit of a disappointment, nothing like a fresh mushroom to go with a bit of bacon. I guess the drought here has prevented them from growing.

Not a lot planned for today except pottering and looking busy Have a pleasant day whatever you decide to do
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 09:10 AM

Re: Wild and windy Wednesday

Very strange day here in gloucester today. Dark, trying to rain but very very warm still.
Hope it chears up later
Enjoy your day
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 09:23 AM

Good morning Meg, Shirley and everyone else.

It is gale force winds here with intermitent rain, the sky is all one colour, dark grey, the birds are walking, it is easier than flying, and the noise from the farm is enough to waken the dead.

Morning walk done, Weekly shopping done, casual shopping done and just the bacon sarnies and coffee to finish and then the day is all mine, she who must be obeyed is off with her friend for the day.

Have a great day everyone and try to be good, if you cant make a worthwhile bad one.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 09:52 AM

A very good morning to all and sundry ne'er-do-wells and assorted time wasters and wastrels...

Blustery here but the hedge cutting won't be slowed by that, particularly as I have two new labourers (Oscar and Alfie), who seem to be clearing the cuttings to far away places in the garden....very helpful...

Have a great day if you can and hey, let's be careful out there...

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
A very good morning to all and sundry ne'er-do-wells and assorted time wasters and wastrels...

Blustery here but the hedge cutting won't be slowed by that, particularly as I have two new labourers (Oscar and Alfie), who seem to be clearing the cuttings to far away places in the garden....very helpful...

Have a great day if you can and hey, let's be careful out there...

Barry
Chloe loves that job , I have yet to train her to put the cuttings in the bin
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 12:03 PM

There is a lot of activity in the garden today, the young birds have decicded to fend for themselves food wise and the area Joe has made under the round bush, a bit like an aviary really, he surrounded thebush with a wooden frame then covered it inplastic covered wire, oblong shape so the jackdaws couldnt get in,every morning he puts seed in there amongst the stones and the birds have to work a bit for it.In winter we put fat balls chopped up and seed in there.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 12:41 PM

Hello everyone!

It's a dull and dismal day here with intermittent showers ....... oh how I miss the sunny days of last week!

Barry, I smiled at your opening line of "all and sundry ne'er-do-wells and assorted time wasters and wastrels..." and wonder if you put us all in one or more of those categories!

No special plans for today other than collecting my grandchildren from school this afternoon.

Enjoy your day whatever the weather is like!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Barry, I smiled at your opening line of "all and sundry ne'er-do-wells and assorted time wasters and wastrels..." and wonder if you put us all in one or more of those categories!
If you don't fit into one of those categories Mags, then you've no business being on here....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 01:08 PM

Good afternoon All, very windy day here today but dry so far. This particular common wastrel is off to yonder shed back garden shed where he will engage his nose upon rugged grindstone and toil throughout the day, so keeping body and soul united a little longer.
Have a lovely day Folks.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
If you don't fit into one of those categories Mags, then you've no business being on here....
Oh good, I'm an eligible member then

Hello all! Yes, a right wet and windy day here too yet mild with it. Nothing much doing apart from tidying around and wiping dogs feet when he's popped outside.

Hope you don't get too wet and windswept today.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top