Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 07:22 AM

Gardening Tuesday

Good morning everyone

Not as windy as yesterday but still blowing a gale. Our other sunflowers have been devastated with the winds and the rest of the garden looks like it needs tidying up. It is dry at the moment but rain is due later according to the weather people. The birds are still walking around, it must be easier than flying.

Plans for today are garden duties followed by lunch at some local establishment with friends and then an afternoon of relaxation before a quizz night tonight.

Have a greayt day everyone and remember to smile, frowning causes wrinkles.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 08:43 AM

Re: Gardening Tuesday

Good morning fellow members the sun is shining, the sky blue, still breezy, a lovely early Autumn day.

Like AB I need to do a tidy up in the garden to remove the little bits of silver birch mainly which came from next doors tree.
Other than that a day of pottering and I may make some bread.

Have a lovely day whatever you decide to do
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 09:45 AM

A very good morning to all and sundry offers.

Lovely morning here although still a little breezy. Puppy walked earlier and I've had an hour weeding the strawberry beds before coffee time. I'm trying a new recipe of macaroni cheese for lunch, which includes chopped bacon and a breadcrumb topping...yum yum...

Friends over this afternoon for a visit and then an evening relaxing methinks..

Have a great day yourselves...

Barry
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 01:41 PM

It's been a nice bright morning but has clouded over now, so I'll have to stay alert to run out and bring in the washing
It's such a simple pleasure - line-dried washing but I really miss it when winter means that things have to be dried artificially

I've done nothing more exciting than feed the ducks in the park - though when I say ducks there are more pigeons and crows (nasty things but I guess they have to make a living too) than ducks
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 03:50 PM

Hi all. Another lovely late Summer day: blue skies, light breeze, 24 C (75 F) at 10:45ish. Had an interesting talk this morning and found that vegetables will be allowed in the garden here, woo hoo! That would be wonderful; tomatoes again! But this place is also infested with squirrels, see them all the time running up and down the trees by the garden .... well, that's to worry about next year! Other than that, no news.

DM, line dried wash and the garden are the only things I miss in the retirement complex ... and looks as if the gardening part is solved!

Enjoy the day, all!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 06:27 PM

Oh yes washing dried outside is wonderful, we dont get it a lot here.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Had an interesting talk this morning and found that vegetables will be allowed in the garden here, woo hoo! That would be wonderful; tomatoes again! But this place is also infested with squirrels, see them all the time running up and down the trees by the garden .... well, that's to worry about next year! Other than that, no news.
That will make such a difference won't it? I bet you've started planning already! Do squirrels eat tomatoes then?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 06:53 PM

Good evening all, busy day for me but its over now and I can put my feet up after a lovely meal prepared by a lovely Lady, lick lick, I want to get the soft side of her because I need a favour tomorrow. The wind is still there but just about, and its gone a bit cold, think I'll light the fire.
Glad you can get gardening again Eileen.
Take it easy the rest of the day Folks.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
That will make such a difference won't it? I bet you've started planning already! Do squirrels eat tomatoes then?
Oh indeed they do, maryl!! Just as they are almost ripe and you're already salivating at wanting the first one of the season! I detest them, spawn of Satan, arborial rats!!

Not to mention digging up tulip bulbs, eating crocus flowers, uprooting newly set plants and burying things in your pots!!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2011, 08:16 PM

How damn annoying! I do know how you hate them ...... I remember reading about that. We have them in our oak trees and they leave everything alone here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top