Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 04:09 PM

House of Fraser to close.

Hi

Such a shame, a beautiful building and lovely staff.

The Car Parking has killed it, such a stupid Council.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 04:16 PM

Re: House of Fraser to close.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Such a shame, a beautiful building and lovely staff.

The Car Parking has killed it, such a stupid Council.
I thought, many of the House Of Fraser stores are closing and it was online shopping that has been blamed.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 04:42 PM

Hi

It was a profitable store, a great meeting place, then the Council trebled the car parking fees.

It just died,
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:51 PM

I think the one in Exeter is closing too. It can only be described as a dump so I'm not surprised.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I thought, many of the House Of Fraser stores are closing and it was online shopping that has been blamed.

You're right, Art.

I read that it has been struggling for some time and is closing 31 of it's 59 shops by 2019.

Funny thing is though, just this summer they have just opened a brand new shop on the new shopping complex near me!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 05:59 PM

Mike Ashley owns them now, probably turn them all into Sports Direct shops and bludgeon the wages of any staff left.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 06:14 PM

I think it is very sad how many household named stores are closing or have done. but I guess that is modern times for you, and because they haven't moved with the times, there is only way to go......out!

I also blame local Councils for making a wrong move by changing so many town centres into pedestrian areas only, as it makes it so much harder for drivers to find places near enough to park. Yes, of course there are the car parks, unfortunately they know this and they hike up the charges every year. Those that risk parking in the streets around the outside of town centres or as near as they can get, inevitably end up with a parking ticket. All this whilst what was once a bustling town centre, slowly dies as people prefer to visit the out of town shopping centres where parking is either free or a lot cheaper.
It's no wonder more and more people prefer to do their shopping online to avoid all the hassle of parking spaces.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 06:19 PM

We are losing the store in Skipton and wait for it ….we are getting a Primark in its place.... bloody frogs … Tuts
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2018, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
We are losing the store in Skipton and wait for it ….we are getting a Primark in its place.... bloody frogs … Tuts
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2018, 12:43 PM

I'm surprised the Harvey Nichols store in town manages to stay open.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top