Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 05:09 PM

Two years for murder?

Two years for 'murder'?

This repeat offender has been handed down a four year sentence for 'murder'.

Yes, four years, but no doubt out in two for good behaviour and convincing do-gooder parole board members that he's 'really sorry' and that it's because he has ADHD.

Officially classed as manslaughter, but he struck the shopkeeper intentionally.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ll-Rizlas.html
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 05:10 PM

Re: Two years for murder?

That is deplorable!
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 05:22 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-45447648

This despicable male rapist has been jailed for life, which means he must serve just over 6 years, which is laughable!

I am of the opinion male rapists like him should have their penises surgically removed so they can never rape again.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 05:26 PM

I don't understand this if he is a 'time bomb ' with a history of violence -he attacked a teacher at school why such a low sentence?
I would have thought 20 years ( then he would get out in ten ) at the very least .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I don't understand this if he is a 'time bomb ' with a history of violence -he attacked a teacher at school why such a low sentence?
I would have thought 20 years ( then he would get out in ten ) at the very least .

He wasn't convicted of murder, he was convicted of Manslaughter.

(Extract from report) The boy was found guilty of manslaughter after a trial heard Mr Patel 'had not really been involved' in the confrontation outside the shop before the attack.

There is a 'tariff' for various offences designed by the Law Commission.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2018, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Manslaughter, yes. That's the judge's decision.

Nevertheless, he killed a man and will serve two years in a cushy jail, where he will no doubt learn more 'skills' from other inmates and enjoy some readily available drugs.

Just think how many more people he'll be able to kill over the many years he has of freedom at only two years a pop.

I don't know of any other country which gives such lenient 'punishments' for serious crimes, yet our wonderful politicians seem quite oblivious, or even happy with the resulting increases in crime.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 06:21 PM

Hang 'em, flog 'em, send the buggers to the Colonies. Sooner we return to the good old days of the eighteenth century the better.
We don't need our human rights do we?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 06:33 PM

I despair of our Justice system.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I despair of our Justice system.
Like many more on here you despair of anything that does not fit with your chocolate box dream of how our Country should be.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2018, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Hang 'em, flog 'em, send the buggers to the Colonies. Sooner we return to the good old days of the eighteenth century the better.
We don't need our human rights do we?
Trouble is that it's quite a stretch to describe some of these waste of space low lifes as human. They don't respect the rights of their victims so why should society respect theirs, so yes let's flog 'em and hang 'em, but personally I'd spare the colonies....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top