Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2011, 01:16 PM

Tax Day Friday

Good morning Over Fiftiers. It's Tax Day here in the states. I am ahead of the game this year and actually paid my annual taxes over a month ago when I still had some money. Lucky I did because our country is almost broke. We fight too many stupid wars and pay too many greedy bankers millions of dollars in bonuses to rip us off. If you're rich enough in this country you don't pay any taxes, having the entire Republican Party to protect you from any taxes on your money. Only the poor pay taxes, and pay you will or the evil IRS will take everything you have. That is, unless you're an illegal alien in which case they'll help you break the law and subsidize your living here. Happy Tax Day, one & all.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2011, 01:52 PM

Re: Tax Day Friday

Good afternoon OFF'ers, the day has brightened up a lot since yesterday, the sun has returned!

Went to the hairdressers this morning and then called in to the supermarket on the way home.

All positive vibes and thoughts are with Eileen today, I hope she will be back with us very soon.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2011, 03:05 PM

Good afternoon all. Had a great night at the 'Wedding' last night, only about 12 people in the house but we had plenty of laughter, music and dance. Drank some 'Poteen' and me head feels a like bomb went off inside it, didn't get to bed until 4'oc this Morning but well worth it.
My prayers are with you Eileen.
Enjoy the rest of the Day folks.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2011, 09:44 PM

Good evening all....thoughts and prayers have been with Eileen today....

Quite a busy day today...walking then after dinner went and did big weekly shop, plus extras, in preparation for my Brother & Co. visiting for the weekend-no doubt within an hour of them arriving, the place will be in a mess! All mess clears up and I'm looking forward to seeing them.....
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-04-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Good evening all....thoughts and prayers have been with Eileen today....

Quite a busy day today...walking then after dinner went and did big weekly shop, plus extras, in preparation for my Brother & Co. visiting for the weekend-no doubt within an hour of them arriving, the place will be in a mess! All mess clears up and I'm looking forward to seeing them.....

Merz , forgive me but i`m a tad confused here

When you say " dinner " , do you mean Lunch ?

To me Dinner is eaten in the evening and lunch , well, , at lunchtime LOL
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by Topaz ->
Merz , forgive me but i`m a tad confused here

When you say " dinner " , do you mean Lunch ?

To me Dinner is eaten in the evening and lunch , well, , at lunchtime LOL
I'm doing well at confusing you Topaz I do mean lunch. Don't know whether its just a 'local thing', but most people round where I am refer to 'lunch' as dinner.Was brought up with breakfast, dinner, tea and supper, so have just carried on using the word 'dinner'
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2011, 09:04 PM

We also call midday dinnertime and late afternoon is teatime.

It's just as well we're not all the same!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top