Join for free
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 04:20 PM

What is the Matter with Some People!

Today I have been aware either from News, Conversations or a people Charity letter that arrived, about the degree of horrendous cruelty and torture that some people are willing to inflict on all life (both people and animals).

WHAT, just WHAT is going on in their minds. Really angry and upset by all this.

Sometimes it is related to group cruelty, but folk are still individuals, and are they willing to participate just because someone else does?
Are they willing to stand by and watch this???????

What makes someone even ABLE to be so horrendously cruel to torture and be uncaring and unmoved????

Are they actually enjoying such suffering???

Glad to share these angry and disgusted feelings with folk here. Why are people unaffected by these actions???

I could say words fail me, but they don't!!!

Rainbow x
dragon
florida, usa
dragon is female  dragon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 04:29 PM

Re: What is the Matter with Some People!

It's called the "pack mentality". Many animals exhibit it including humans.
A couple of folks (animals) get into a fight and then the rest join in.
All animals (which includes humans) have acted out cruelty, either by themselves or in packs.
With the economy the way it is now you'll see & hear even more about it.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 05:50 PM

It seems some people still think they're living in caves!

I think education is the key - some people just haven't learned some things are a big no no.
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

11-02-2011, 06:19 PM

Rainbow , just be grateful you live in a Country where Human and Animal life is respected ........... Many other people in many other Countries dont !

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2011, 06:41 PM

I have come to think cruelty is either unthinking and often inflicted in ignorance or it has something to do with a person wanting to have power and control over someone/something perceived to be in a weaker position than themselves. Torture is something similar but often is inflicted with an end goal in mine
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2011, 07:52 AM

Check out the Milgram experiment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->

Obviously the American military believe in this since it (and other methods of torture) were and probably still are used on the detainees of Guantanamo, Baghdad and various other places used by the American military in 'rendition flights'.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by mrmojorisin ->

I''ve seen this social psychology experiment before Mr Mojo and I don't think I wan't to watch it again - it makes me shiver.
Unfortunately history has shown that people will frequently comply against their own judgement if they are acting from authoritarian pressure and are assurred they will be absolved from responsibility for their actions. There is also the "herd mentality" aspect. They are duped into convincing themselves that it is OK because a higher authority says it is OK and they must do it.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top