Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 04:41 AM

Wild Imagination

In anticipation of driving 750 miles tomorrow (nice weather, open roads) for my daughter's regular hospital treatments, I have spent most of the day (almost) neurotically cleaning the house.

Now, I would like to say that I have been scrubbing, cleaning out the fridge, and polishing the floors because I want to come home to a clean house....

But during all this cleaning, I kept perfecting because my imagination has me dying en route and there being a gathering here after the funeral service. All through the house, I was visualizing people standing around with plates of food and discussing my housekeeping skills .

Perhaps I need to start listening to an iPod when I clean house....

Do strange things like this ever evolve in your mind?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 04:57 AM

Re: Wild Imagination

It sounds like the type of thing that plays tricks, not nice ones in this case, on your mind when we are doing boring chores such as cleaning. Probably the same sort of activity that encourages you to sing a tune in your head that simply won't go away.

Don't read too much into it, Surfermom and please don't take its contents literally. I'm sure you'll have a pleasant (but lenghthy!) journey and I wish your daughter my best wishes with her treatment.☺
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 05:06 AM

Thank you for the well wishes, Floydy. I am not taking myself seriously about it at all - just having a good laugh at myself.

Besides, now that it's all done, I'm happy that my house is clean enough...well...for a wake!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 08:25 AM

The older we get the more these thoughts of 'What if' creep into our minds Surfermom, we are older and wiser and can't believe our luck to be still alive and kicking when some friends and relatives of the same age (even younger) have long since shaken off this mortal coil for whatever reason...
I often look around the house as I'm leaving on a long journey and consider the possibility that it might be my last....But up until now, it never has been....

You like driving Surfermom, so concentrate on the positives of such a long drive and come back to us safe and sound.....There are still many sunsets yet to be observed on both sides of the Atlantic.....

Just a word of warning Surfermom......
Don't stop at 'The Bates Motel' I've been reading some very disturbing reports on Trip Advisor.....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 08:34 AM

How would you feel about having one of those spasms in our house Surfermom.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 09:21 AM

Actually surfermom I always clean the house throughout before i go on holiday, just in case the plane crashes and people have to come in and sort out my stuff. It's madness but I think to myself well I left everything nice. 🙂

750 miles is a long journey, drive safely ☺
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 09:29 AM

And I thought that I was weird. The last time I travelled 750 miles....hang on a sec.....1,207.008km I sharpened all my drill bits, just in case I urgently needed them on my return.
Didn't really need them straight away. So I decided to make a belt for my pants from old piled up watch bands. That was quite a success, I called it a waist of time.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
And I thought that I was weird. The last time I travelled 750 miles....hang on a sec.....1,207.008km I sharpened all my drill bits, just in case I urgently needed them on my return.
Didn't really need them straight away. So I decided to make a belt for my pants from old piled up watch bands. That was quite a success, I called it a waist of time.
Ha! I decided you really are mad plops, it's a nice madness though 🙄
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Ha! I decided you really are mad plops, it's a nice madness though 🙄
Yes Summer, I enjoy my madness. It keeps me from going insane.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2017, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
In anticipation of driving 750 miles tomorrow (nice weather, open roads) for my daughter's regular hospital treatments, I have spent most of the day (almost) neurotically cleaning the house.

Now, I would like to say that I have been scrubbing, cleaning out the fridge, and polishing the floors because I want to come home to a clean house....

But during all this cleaning, I kept perfecting because my imagination has me dying en route and there being a gathering here after the funeral service. All through the house, I was visualizing people standing around with plates of food and discussing my housekeeping skills .

Perhaps I need to start listening to an iPod when I clean house....

Do strange things like this ever evolve in your mind?

A touch of OCD perhaps??? - I know others like that, notwithstanding the place is absolutely spotless and capable of having food served on the kitchen floor, they still spend an inordinate amount of time cleaning, dusting and vacuuming.

I, on the other hand take a very relaxed attitude to housework - dust??? - if its not eating and drinking anything - leave it alone - wiping it up will only mean putting up into the air to breathe in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top