Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 03:33 PM

British Gas

Don't know how many people might be interested in this, but for those who didn't already know, British Gas are offering a deal until the 31st October where they will sell you a new boiler for half price.
You have to pay full installation fees though.

Sounds too good to be true? I wondered that.
But I have arranged for a 'Free, no obligation' Survey to be carried out by an engineer to work out what I would need as a replacement and what it would cost.

See here if you want to know more about it:

http://www.boilers-sale.co.uk/britis...FSi-7QodGFMNuQ
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 04:11 PM

Re: British Gas

It was interesting we looked into it but it was still cheaper to buy one full price and get an independent installer to put it in.

The price British Gas charges for installation is criminal IMO
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 04:26 PM

There's got to be a catch in it Julie, I agree.
But if the engineer is giving free advice and a quote, I will see what he has to say, then ask my own gasman for a comparison quote.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 07:24 PM

Check the small print, you will probably have to take out a maintenance contract for so many years,
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 07:42 PM

We have just gone to British gas for service contract. The private installer was getting hard to get hold of.

Make sure you have on of these not far from boiler

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

08-10-2017, 09:37 PM

Yes, thank you Bazza, I already have one of those.
I know they have to be placed 5ft from the ground to pick up any fumes best.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
But if the engineer is giving free advice and a quote, I will see what he has to say, then ask my own gasman for a comparison quote.
Get back to us when you have the costs Mups.
I've been involved in the industry for years and still don't trust BG.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 11:21 PM

Don't know how many people might be interested in this, but for those who didn't already know, British Gas are offering a deal until the 31st October where they will sell you a new boiler for half price.
You have to pay full installation fees though.

Sounds too good to be true? I wondered that.
But I have arranged for a 'Free, no obligation' Survey to be carried out by an engineer to work out what I would need as a replacement and what it would cost.

See here if you want to know more about it:

http://www.boilers-sale.co.uk/britis...FSi-7QodGFMNuQ
I understand that there is a long guarantee, free call outs and repairs and an annual boiler inspection. It’s wort looking at, they have been in business a long time and maybe for a lot longer than independents.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2017, 11:27 PM

Julie is right.....BG are triple the price and sometimes more than an independent.

I'd not go with an individual unless you know them....their aftersales wont match BG or a larger independent.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top