Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 06:04 PM

Saying thank you

A few short weeks ago one of our athlete friends collapsed whilst racing. To shorten the story it was a blockage to his heart. Immediately other participants in the race came to his rescue, 5 young Spanish people, two girls and 3 young men gave him CPR until the ambulance arrived, they literally saved his life. Once Pete was dealt with by the paramedics these young people left. At that point Peteīs wife was still in panic mode so didnīt know who these young athletes were.

Now Pete is home and recovering slowly, they wanted to personally thank the people who came to his rescue and saved his life. They contacted the race organisers and managed to trace the life savers. They arranged for the 5 young people to come to the village here, where our friends live, and organised a special dinner so they could thank them and make a presentation gift to them. They have also been made honorary members of the running club in Norfolk, where Cath and Pete are members, and Cath and Pete have been made honorary members of the sports club that the young Spanish people belong to.

I have a lovely photo of this event, but will not post it without permission of our friends.

Pete owes his life to these young people and he wonīt forget it.
tomtwodogs
Lynmouth U.K.
tomtwodogs is male  tomtwodogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 06:09 PM

Re: Saying thank you

That is a truly lovely story Clumsy a bit of humanity still shine through eh, I hope you get permission to post that pic. well done to all concerned ,.and best wishes for a full recovery to Pete and his family !
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 06:22 PM

A wonderful thing to have done on the day and a nice thankyou..

Hoping Pete makes a full recovery.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 06:27 PM

Lovely story! I wish all a good time!
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 06:48 PM

A lovely story with a lovely outcome.

A few weeks ago my son's life was saved. He was photographing an event at any army barracks when, on a break he ate a sandwich and choked. His wife who was his assistant attempted the Heimlich manoeuvre but my son collapsed onto the floor. She called for help and two soldiers ran in and assisted and got him breathing again. The thing was that my dil had previously (a few years ago) had a young man die whilst trying to revive him, so it was very traumatic for her to see her husband unconscious on the floor.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
A lovely story with a lovely outcome.

A few weeks ago my son's life was saved. He was photographing an event at any army barracks when, on a break he ate a sandwich and choked. His wife who was his assistant attempted the Heimlich manoeuvre but my son collapsed onto the floor. She called for help and two soldiers ran in and assisted and got him breathing again. The thing was that my dil had previously (a few years ago) had a young man die whilst trying to revive him, so it was very traumatic for her to see her husband unconscious on the floor.
Oh my goodness, so glad to hear your son is okay CeeCee, that must have been very scary for his wife.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 07:22 PM

What a lovely story, I hope Pete makes a full recovery
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

06-10-2017, 10:47 PM

Thank you everyone. I have permission to post the photo and as soon as I can, yet again, sort out how, I will post it.

The good news has been somewhat overshadowed tonight with the news that our friend in Scotland has been diagnosed with aggressive bladder and prostrate cancer. He won't know what, if anything, can be done until Wednesday when he has a meeting with the doctors at the hospital.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

06-10-2017, 10:52 PM

The photo of the people who saved Pete's life, Pete of course is in the middle.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2017, 10:54 PM

Just goes to show the human race ain't all bad.

Two lovely stories that could quite easily have turned to tragedy.

Happy Days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top