Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 08:52 PM

Am I getting worse?

I just did the daftest thing I've done for a while.

I sat and wrote quite a long email to a dear friend in Scotland just now.

After a while I heard my email sound go and thought to myself - "goodness that was quick. She must have been on her computer at the same time as I was."

Anyhow, I started to read her reply and stopped . . . " 'allo," I thought to meself, "what's she playing at?"

She seemed to have sent it back to me without any reply.
Most unusual.

I pondered on this for a few minutes, then decided she had probably made a mistake so decided to re-send it again.

It was then I noticed she hadn't replied, because she hadn't even received it. I had sent it to myself!!

Have you done anything daft today?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 08:53 PM

Re: Am I getting worse?

I've done that before Mups.
I've been quite good today, no mishaps so far, touch wood!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 08:55 PM

Yes, I've done it too

I've had a lazy day so nothing to go wrong. Yay!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I just did the daftest thing I've done for a while.

I sat and wrote quite a long email to a dear friend in Scotland just now.

After a while I heard my email sound go and thought to myself - "goodness that was quick. She must have been on her computer at the same time as I was."

Anyhow, I started to read her reply and stopped . . . " 'allo," I thought to meself, "what's she playing at?"

She seemed to have sent it back to me without any reply.
Most unusual.

I pondered on this for a few minutes, then decided she had probably made a mistake so decided to re-send it again.

It was then I noticed she hadn't replied, because she hadn't even received it. I had sent it to myself!!

Have you done anything daft today?
Funnily enough, no. But there's still three hours to go yet.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 10:45 PM

Daftest thing I have done today was getting out of bed !! It has been one of 'those' days - started to chop celery for a salad - put it in a saucepan and made soup! Put two eggs on to boil - came in here - started to read posts - explosion in the kitchen - egg all over the place. Started to make a birthday card for a friend - and wrote 'Happy Christmas inside it. Went to feed those cats and dropped the lid of their 'treats' jar - ceramic lid meets stone floor - not a good outcome.

Hopefully whatever this silliness is will have worn off by tomorrow - am due to be on the 9:30am train to Doncaster to a Craft show. At this rate I will probably end up in Siberia - if so - please make sure the cats are fed and send a husky with a barrell of brandy!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 10:46 PM

Wow Tabs, you certainly have excelled yourself today!

Do keep safe tomorrow, or we'll have to send a search party out for you. x
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 05:18 AM

Oh dear - it hasn't worn off yet !! Leapt out of bed - put the kettle on - fed the cats - made my sandwiches - looked at the computer clock - 3:55am !! Those furry spalpeens never said a word.

Thanks for your good wishes, Mups, but I fear there is no hope. Whatever else happens at least the cats have been fed!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 09:00 AM

Crafts (especially wool related) will put everything right, enjoy the show Tabby!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 09:24 AM

Hi

No Mups, you are not getting worse, you have been as mad as a hatter for years.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2017, 10:21 AM

Keep taking the tablets Mups and oh, don't ride your bike...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top