Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 05:36 PM

Three Girls

I noticed no one had posted about this...

I read up about it today and the reviews were excellent.

I had decided it would be too harrowing to watch but then I saw Maxine Peake plays the part of the whistle blower social worker​ and Lesley Sharp the DC, two of my favourite actresses, so that decided me...so I've just watched last night's first episode (of 3).

Man, but it's good!

And it's a story of our times and needs to be told.
I was feeling a bit guilty for not watching it, if you understand.

So clever...and totally believable.

Episode 2 this evening and 3 tomorrow.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 06:06 PM

Re: Three Girls

I thought I would find it too disturbing so I didn't watch it but on your recommendation Ruthio I'll record the next two episodes and watch laste night's on catch up ... your fault if I have a sleepless night
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 06:17 PM

Having watched Little Boy Blue not ready for another harrowing crime drama. Maxine Peake a superb actress.
It does look gritty, and will open people's eyes to this abuse.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 06:18 PM

I watched the programme and thought it very good..
....The slow subtle grooming of the girls demonstrated how 'innocent' naive little girls who are not street wise can get sucked in to a sleazy world and once in there find it difficult to extricate themselves through fear of reprisals and a lack of support.

The initial attitude of policeman interviewing a raped child was appalling Why no woman police officer doing the interviewing .These events took place comparatively recently in a country where 'rape' suits and 'trained officers ' were introduced as the norm following a documentary about a rape interview conducted by Thames Valley Police screened in the 80's. Why were no similar facilities offered to the child we saw being interviewed.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 06:27 PM

I recorded it last night and watched it today. I found it harrowing, disturbing and very sad.
Sad for Holly who is really only a child, became wayward and out of control. Sad for her dad, who was trying his best to control his daughter but wasn't truly aware of what was happening to her. Then his remorse and sorrow, when he did.
I felt the fear Holly was going through when forced to go with the men and l was horrified by the acts that were done to these children
The acting was brilliant by all actors.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 06:30 PM

I watched it this afternoon , it is quite shocking to think all those girls were forced into prostitution and we are just seeing what happened to three . Very cleverly groomed by these evil men . The girls told there families will be hurt if they don't comply . I can't remember the prison sentences the men got but I hope they are long . As mentioned the police attitude to the raped girl was disgraceful . I did see the interview of the actresses and the drama is true to life
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 06:32 PM

I think when it showed the policeman yawning at the start of the interview, it said it all!

Oh and that dreadful social worker, her attitude was unbelievable!
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 07:02 PM

This is perhaps an odd thing to say...did you think it brave of the male actors who took the parts of the abusers?
They seemed so horribly normal and convincing I almost felt I was watching a true life documentary as it really happened
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

17-05-2017, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
This is perhaps an odd thing to say...did you think it brave of the male actors who took the parts of the abusers?
They seemed so horribly normal and convincing I almost felt I was watching a true life documentary as it really happened
Yes! Especially 'Daddy'! He was so convincing!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-05-2017, 07:21 PM

Yes, I saw most of it. It just goes to show how these things can start, and how relatively easy it is for these young girls to get caught up in it.
Dreadful, but well acted I thought.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top