Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 01:26 PM

Disappearing belongings

I've just seen a large percentage of my belongings going off down the road in the back of a large truck. Burglars? Nope. Missed payments of an HP agreement? Nope. My son came this morning to take and store in his warehouse all of my garden ornaments, a million and one glazed and terracotta pots, numerous other miscellaneous items including two suitcases full of photos Looks like my house is sold and just waiting for solicitors to stop mucking about and exchange contracts then I can set about emptying the rest of my bungalow.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 01:32 PM

Re: Disappearing belongings

That's great you have a storage facility for your goods. Good luck.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 01:33 PM

Ez moving house is a nightmare, but I hope you you get in soon and can start to enjoy your new place. Good luck
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 01:34 PM

Thanks Jazzi. Yes it can be a stressful time.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-05-2017, 01:35 PM

Thanks Twink. Hopefully completion will be within the next week or two.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 01:38 PM

So pleased for you EZ.
You have been patient this long, and you are so near now.
I'm sure it will all be worth the hassle and you can enjoy this summer in your new home.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-05-2017, 01:41 PM

Hi Mups, yes I hope so. My garden is looking very strange now. No stone ornaments, chimney pots, planters etc. Even the large bird bath had to go cos it's a two man job to lift it.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 02:45 PM

Only your pots and ornaments?
When I move I take the plants too, any that are too big, I take cuttings!
Good luck with your move, I hope you'll be very happy in your new home EZ!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2017, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I've just seen a large percentage of my belongings going off down the road in the back of a large truck. Burglars? Nope. Missed payments of an HP agreement? Nope. My son came this morning to take and store in his warehouse all of my garden ornaments, a million and one glazed and terracotta pots, numerous other miscellaneous items including two suitcases full of photos Looks like my house is sold and just waiting for solicitors to stop mucking about and exchange contracts then I can set about emptying the rest of my bungalow.
I know, I have been looking at them on Ebay.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey

25-05-2017, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Only your pots and ornaments?
When I move I take the plants too, any that are too big, I take cuttings!
Good luck with your move, I hope you'll be very happy in your new home EZ!
Hi Tessa. Oh yes all of my plants are going including three Acers, four Bonsai trees and several Azalias and Rhododendrons. They are all staying here with me until I actually move out so I can keep an eye on them and make sure they get fed and watered. I've had them far too long to risk losing them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top