Join for free
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:52 PM

Surfer rescue

Did anyone see the video of the bloke giving his account of his rescue after 32 hours over night in the Irish sea ?
Really moving stuff HERE
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:54 PM

Re: Surfer rescue

The man was being interviewed on the radio today, and the poor bloke was crying at the end.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2017, 10:56 PM

Just watched it and I was nearly crying at the end.......
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 10:34 AM

He was a very fortunate guy indeed, I am glad he has decided to give up the sport, he was extremely foolish to go surfing all on his own without others to watch his back.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 10:36 AM

Im so pleased this guy was rescued,I think hes really had the fear of god put into him..I somehow think it will be a while before he goes out alone again....but his saving grace was that he was adequately prepared and had a winter wet suit on barring this he may well have been a goner
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
He was a very fortunate guy indeed, I am glad he has decided to give up the sport, he was extremely foolish to go surfing all on his own without others to watch his back.
Why was he foolish?
He wore the correct gear, told people where he was going etc.

He was unfortunate, that is all.

Once he's over the trauma I bet he surfs again....anyone with a deep interest in water can't resist for too long

No doubt there's a film in this tale.....Hollywood will have us believe ther are killer sharks living in the Irish Sea
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Why was he foolish?
He wore the correct gear, told people where he was going etc.

He was unfortunate, that is all.

Once he's over the trauma I bet he surfs again....anyone with a deep interest in water can't resist for too long

No doubt there's a film in this tale.....Hollywood will have us believe ther are killer sharks living in the Irish Sea
He says he won't surf again, and his family don't want him to either.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2017, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
He says he won't surf again, and his family don't want him to either.
What he says now and what he does in the future may well be different....who knows?

My guess is he will surf again.......at the end of the day it's much safer to surf than swim.

How many swimmers survive being swept out to sea?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-05-2017, 11:32 PM

He was a very lucky man ..... with just a surf board to hang on to, I can't begin to imagine what was going through his mind, it must have been so frightening for him...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2017, 07:36 AM

We are all going to die one day so, if we take park in potentially dangerous activities, that that may be what kills us. I feel sorry for him because of the mental torment he must have gone through during that 32 hours. Imagine lying on a surfboard in the middle of the sea with no other human in sight. He believed he was going to die, but didn't know how he would die....how awful

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top