Join for free
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2010, 06:48 PM

all this Battle of Britain stuff

He is not on this site so cannot tell me off . I have met `Tim` and his wife. He did go on to be a Wing Commander but when I had lunch with them about 8 year ago(we met via the internet. he was far more interested in gardening and cooking than what went on a very long time ago.

This article is new-but the story is roughly the same. Tim told me he also got shot up by the home Guard before he lost it. And he was only 19 at the time so did fancy the nurse when he came round in hospital

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news...urricanes.html
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2010, 09:41 PM

Re: all this Battle of Britain stuff

Fancy you knowing him! What a gallant young man he and the other men of the RAF were. Those were dark days indeed.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2010, 08:52 AM

Where would we all have been without young men like that. He must be a very interesting person to chat to, OG.

Bless him and all those still living and those who gave up their lives for us all.

Thanks for sharing the link.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2010, 09:30 AM

My mum`s youngest brother Freddie was killed in the Battle of Britain. She kept his `wings` in her jewel box but would never talk about him as she was so affected by his death.
Such brave men.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2010, 04:12 PM

A cliche, I know, but Churchill's words still resonate: "Never have so many owed so much to so few" ......
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2010, 04:39 PM

Tim has slowed down a bit this year after collapsing and needing a pacemaker fitted but if this link works he is still gardening

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/...c,61829.0.html

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top