Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:07 PM

Goodbye (phone calls)

I've been getting telephone calls for a while now from a silent caller who pauses for a while then says 'Goodbye' beginning to find them spooky....anyone else getting themselves?
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:17 PM

Re: Goodbye (phone calls)

I get a mad man ringing every other Friday, without fail.

He has the most spooky voice with a bad stutter.

T.......T........Terry.......w w when can I. I. I. Pick upppppp my wwwwwwwages?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:18 PM

I've had them and got the impression it was a call centre. They automatically phone a few numbers but only talk to one, the others get a short pause and then a 'goodbye'. Could this be what you are getting ?
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:21 PM

Yes Alan those are the ones....came home yesterday and the answer machine was blinking.....guess who?....'goodbye'
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:24 PM

As Alan says some of these calls are automated.
I pick up the receiver these days and don't speak until a real person speaks to me so that any random automated calls don't log me as a 'live' number and add me to a list to call back later .
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:25 PM

Thats what I do too Meg ...I never say hello straightaway,if its my family they know what im like lol....
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
I've been getting telephone calls for a while now from a silent caller who pauses for a while then says 'Goodbye' beginning to find them spooky....anyone else getting themselves?
The caller is trying to drive you mad. Someone with a grudge?

I have a steadfast rule. I answer with my first name. If there is no response within 3 seconds I hang it up.
Gabi
Lancs,.

15-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Who would have a grudge against a sweet delicate flower like me? I don't speak at all until the other party does.....and yesterday I wasn't in when the answer phone picked up.
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
..... I don't speak at all until the other party does....
... then you've waited too long.
Caro
At Home In The UK
Caro is female  Caro has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2016, 03:57 PM

I have had a few of those goodbye phone calls in the past year...
But none recently,they are very spooky though...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top