Join for free
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 12:03 PM

Mother`s day

We all know my father was a nasty piece of work but that aside I rang mum earlier. She loved my card and we had a chat. Nothing from my brother who lives in the same village. Mum was hoping he would ring but he will not. He does not send her even a Christmas or birthday card. One cannot keep blaming(if that is in his subconscious) a 91 year old woman for making a mistake in 1946.
Flowerpower
East Anglia, UK
Flowerpower is female  Flowerpower has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 12:31 PM

Re: Mother`s day

I'm sure she was thrilled with your card though! Do you live close enough to visit her?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Flowerpower ->
I'm sure she was thrilled with your card though! Do you live close enough to visit her?
No-because I do not drive.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 12:44 PM

Thats sad to hear OG......your brother must have a lot of hurt which runs deep...these things happen in families and sometimes theres no easy way of accepting things that have gone on.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 12:48 PM

My father was a foul sociopath but I wouldn't in any way blame my mother for that, she suffered as much as we did.

I'm sending Happy Mother's Day wishes to your mother through the ether.

Bless her ...
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

06-03-2016, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silbee ->
My father was a foul sociopath but I wouldn't in any way blame my mother for that, she suffered as much as we did.

I'm sending Happy Mother's Day wishes to your mother through the ether.

Bless her ...

And thank you-I am not alone. A little comment can mean a lot.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs

06-03-2016, 01:22 PM

Oh bless. Mother has just rang to say my brother dropped in. He had had a hair cut and a shave(he used to look like a tramp). I think one of his sons had told him to stop being such an idiot.
Silbee
Wales ... aka God's pocket.
Silbee is female  Silbee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2016, 01:26 PM

What a fantastic outcome and result, talk about making her day ...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top