Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 12:39 AM

Have You Ever Been Followed, Or Stopped By The Police?

Have you ever been followed or stopped by the police? Did it bother you? If you were stopped, what was it for?
Perhaps, you've been breathalysed in a routine check?
Please tell me of your experiences.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 01:27 AM

Re: Have You Ever Been Followed, Or Stopped By The Police?

Babysitting can be very hazardous .

My sister went to babysit her grandchildren and on the way home stopped at the pub to see if her husband who had been playing billiards needed a lift home .

He had already gone, so she drove the mile home and while doing so realise there was a police car following her.

They stopped her and didn't believe she had been babysitting saying they saw her come out of the pub she was breathalysed and very cross.

I went babysitting and was stopped on the way home having forgotten to put my lights on, The street lights were so bright I hadn't noticed. We don't have any lights where I live so I always remember.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 07:27 AM

Ive been stopped by police for breath testing several times (random checks) and have no problems with it.

Ive been stopped about a blowing exhaust , I'll admit I played the blonde bimbo and they told me to get it fixed asap.

I was once stopped by police in Holland when I visited my dad.
My eldest boy then 3 wouldnt sleep and he was keeping the other children awake so I tucked a blanket round him put him in a buggy and took him for a walk.

A police car stopped and the police men asked if I was ok. I explained the situation and told them where dad lived they then told me to stay in the area and they would be patrolling for the next half hour if I should need them.

Im not doing anything wrong so I dont really care if the police stop me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 08:03 AM

Hi

Yes, stopped 5 times over Christmas when I was young and breathalysed.

That will teach me to get caught with the local Traffic Inspector's daughter when he returned home early from their Christmas Meal.

We thought we had a good hour to spare.

I got rid of that car so quick.
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 08:48 AM

just come out of a BBQ...to do with the swim pool i used to work for 'lucky i didn't drink that nite at all ...pulled out few metres i was taking my friend home could see the police car flashing me but still carried on talking until he come along side of me . and he had me on doing a u turn where u shouldnt-but it was ok -just a ticking off''''
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 09:20 AM

I was stopped once for going down a road which was 'access only', but wasn't clear which part was restricted, as I pointed out to the officer.

My eldest daughter was stopped a year or two back as part of a random breath test campaign the police were having at the time. She found it hard to stop giggling as she was blowing into the tube. She is TT having never liked the taste of alcohol, or tea or coffee, for that matter.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 09:49 AM

Yes was once stopped for an "indicator light" not working....they saw quite a bit of photographic equipment on the back seat of my car and carried on with questioning where it came from and who did it belong to,it was ours so we wernt fussed.
We wernt doing anything wrong so no problems..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 09:53 AM

Yes once they had a road block and were looking for a man, they asked to look on the back seat and in the boot. No problem better to be safe than sorry.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 09:53 AM

My mum, who is 87, was stopped a couple of weeks ago whilst ferrying her friends home from their dancing evening. She was invited to sit in the back of their car and interrogated.

Apparently as she was driving just under the speed limit and close to the nearside kerb they thought it suspicious as that is how drunks drive...! Needless to say the encounter with the law gained her some street cred with her peers and they aren't letting her forget it...
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2016, 10:07 AM

I have been stopped twice many years ago when driving my little MG Midget. The first time was in a lit up area and they stopped me because one headlamp wasn't working. I wasn't aware of it as I was on side lights only. Just told to get it fixed straight away. The second time was a couple of years later driving in the snow and just a few hundred yards from home when they pulled me over and told me I was crabbing which meant one of my springs had gone. It showed up in the snow the track I was leaving so another get it fixed warning and that is about it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top