Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 10:37 PM

Elusive mouse.

There's a mouse in our living room.
I saw it a week ago and again tonight - it ran from beneath the sofa and darted under a wall unit.

We've been trying to catch it for a week. We have two traps set - one with cheese and the other with chocolate. It hasn't attempted to eat any of the food - I can't understand what it's living on.
More to the point though - I want to get rid of it.

Any suggestions?
(bearing in mind the 2 traps haven't worked)
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 10:43 PM

Re: Elusive mouse.

Borrow a cat or a jack russel..
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 10:49 PM

It must be finding food from somewhere, Carol.
Have you checked the cupboards that you stroke dried foods in, it maybe finding a way into them. Check for mouse droppings.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 10:52 PM

I haven't seen any mouse droppings anywhere. It's a mystery...
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2016, 11:41 PM

Blimey Carol, my worst nightmare! Hope it gets caught/trapped soon.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

05-01-2016, 12:26 AM

Aw Jazzi ...You too?
I have to admit I gave a squeal when it ran from under the settee.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 12:36 AM

Carol I had a mouse in the garage last year but I couldn't bring myself to use the safe trap I purchase, I didn't fancy letting mousey out. I couldn't hurt or kill one. Eventually it left on its own, I guess it was a field mouse.

But I did read up on bait and apparently the best one is peanut butter
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Carol I had a mouse in the garage last year but I couldn't bring myself to use the safe trap I purchase, I didn't fancy letting mousey out. I couldn't hurt or kill one. Eventually it left on its own, I guess it was a field mouse.

But I did read up on bait and apparently the best one is peanut butter :-)

You beat me to it Meg. Just what I was going to suggest.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 01:08 AM

Do they sell where you live " sticky paper " ? Its pieces of sticky paper used especially to trap mice that you can cut to size. You place it at night in areas you think the mouse might travel. If there is a mouse in your house, if you use this " sticky paper ", when the mouse walks over it, he gets stuck to it.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2016, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
.... if you use this " sticky paper ", when the mouse walks over it, he gets stuck to it.
And then you get to stomp on it with heavy boots ?!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top