Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 12:22 AM

Over heard gems

I am in a creative writing group and our next assignment is to recall an interesting conversation which you were unable to avoid over hearing. It may have been on a bus, in LIDL or at the park.
This isnt exactly something overheard, but it happened one summer at a balloon festival.
NUrse Gillian and myself had just enjoyed two lovely pints of GUINNESS & afterwards watched some balloons go over head, including a very large GUINNESS balloon

SIlence and awe

Over the silence a loud little girls voice (OUR little girl) shouted
" LOOK mum, GUINNESS, you drink lots of that, lots & lots of it,don't you mum"

THe crowd went silent, then hooted with laughter

over to you
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 06:50 AM

Re: Over heard gems

Our first born son when he was about 3 was naked, bent forward, pulling at his willy and crying his eyes out. When I asked him what the matter was he bawled "I can't suck it"!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 07:40 AM

Kids, they are so honest.
I know I have a weird sense of humour and this might not be funny to you but I was doubled up with laughter when I first saw it on TV years ago.
The child was about 4 years old and was sitting on her Mothers knee while being interviewed, the reporter asked the woman why her husband couldn’t be home with the family for the interview and the Mother said it wasn’t possible as “Daddy” was working on the oil rigs in the North Sea, the child looked disgustedly up at her Mother and says “No he isn’t Mommy!, Daddy’s in jail”
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 08:05 AM

Many years ago I was out with my sister and her small daughter in a store. Daughter came running over to her mum pulling on her coat. "Come over her mummy, quick!" We followed her over to a very fat woman stood. In a loud voice daughter shouted "ISN'T THIS LADY UGLY?"
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 08:27 AM

I was once in a large supermarket when a woman's voice said quite loudly and clearly
'Come here, you!
About 4 or 5 men immediately turned round, awaiting further orders
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 09:42 AM

I remember going to the ante-natal clinic with my SIL when she was very pregnant with her second child. We took number one son, then aged 2yrs, with us. The clinic was very full and everyone smiled sweetly as he stroked her stomach and said "There's a baby in there". He processed around the waiting room - happily stroking stomachs - and repeating "There's a baby in there." Lots of "Ah - isn't he sweet?"

Until he reached the last woman.

Gently he stroked her stomach - "There's a baby in there" he said - then patted her hard in the bust and added "And that's baby's coffee, isn't it Mummy?" !!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 11:11 AM

@Zuludog and ST Fab !
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 01:31 PM

I used to be involved in training schemes,some of the teenagers were not the brightest but one heard some very amusing tales.

Pete is going for his first date and gets teased;

Go on then Pete tell us,is she a virgin??

I don`t know but when I have finished with her she will be.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 05:05 PM

When I worked in the chemists I was waiting for my boss to open up after I'd been home for lunch.
There were two old guys also waiting to go in.
One said to the other, "Did you hear old so and so died?"
"No!" said the other one, "Anything serious?"
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2015, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
When I worked in the chemists I was waiting for my boss to open up after I'd been home for lunch.
There were two old guys also waiting to go in.
One said to the other, "Did you hear old so and so died?"
"No!" said the other one, "Anything serious?"
we do do understatement well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top