Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 12:46 AM

Breathing Earth Filmed In Canadian Forest.

Yeh, right ... this is a wind up isn't it?

Does Mother Earth breathe like this?

Watch the mossy ground of a forest rise and fall under the feet of a walker who captured the phenomenon on his mobile phone.
the video has been viewed more than three million times online
One person describes it as "creepy and scary", while others refer to it as "Mother Earth breathing" and a "floating forest".
http://news.sky.com/story/1585693/br...anadian-forest

Neo
New Member!
UK
Neo is female 

13-11-2015, 01:00 AM

Re: Breathing Earth Filmed In Canadian Forest.

I literally just saw this video about half an hour ago. I don't know if it is a wind-up but I'm with the 'creepy' crew. My first thought on seeing it was maybe there's going to be a quake right there Whatever is/was going on, he stuck around to film it. Very weird.
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 04:10 AM

I have seen this phenomena take place before. It seems that the surrounding earth area for whatever reason acquires a soft spongy texture. So, if one were to stand on it and jump up and down, the ground gives as if below it were filled with water.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:11 AM

I thought, at first, it could it be a marshy spot in the forest but the movements are too extreme. I think our old friend 'photoshop' may have something to do with it.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:51 AM

I think its a wind up...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I think its a wind up...

I'm inclined to agree Aysa.

If not, I'd be out of there pretty sharpish!

Funnily enough, I saw this very thing under one of next door's trees last year, on a smaller scale.
There were alot of deep leaves he hadn't cleared up all around the tree base and they appeared to move. I went indoors deciding it was a hedgehog making his winter bed.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 09:56 AM

lol me too mups ...it just doesnt look real and looks set up
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 10:02 AM

I think an editing programme of some kind has been in play there, either that or as eyes-of-a-painter says, wet, spongy ground.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Saw something very similar to this years ago, it was a fire in the peat under the ground, when we walked a couple of hundred feet away we found smoke leaking out of the ground where there was a fissure in the ground. I would be interested to see further around the spot to see if it is what is happening there.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2015, 05:44 PM

Weird!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top