Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 01:46 PM

waiting for god

Bless her , I visited one of my lovely lady clients today . She lives alone at 92 , has carers go in twice a day for 20 mins. Daughter visits daily . Josephine is delightful , says she's had a wonderful life , married a wonderful man, 6 lovely children . Husband died so many years ago she can't remember. Now she sits alone all day , she tells me waiting for God to come and get her . She's fed up waiting she says but has to be patient .

My heart is sad that she sits waiting , she is so elderly and old she can only just make it slowly to the bathroom . I've asked her why she will not move into a nice home to be with others , but she says no .

I left her with a heavy heart , made her a cup of tea, but as I left , sent up a message to whom ever God is, and said "don't leave her too much longer "
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 01:49 PM

Re: waiting for god

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Bless her , I visited one of my lovely lady clients today . She lives alone at 92 , has carers go in twice a day for 20 mins. Daughter visits daily . Josephine is delightful , says she's had a wonderful life , married a wonderful man, 6 lovely children . Husband died so many years ago she can't remember. Now she sits alone all day , she tells me waiting for God to come and get her . She's fed up waiting she says but has to be patient .

My heart is sad that she sits waiting , she is so elderly and old she can only just make it slowly to the bathroom . I've asked her why she will not move into a nice home to be with others , but she says no .

I left her with a heavy heart , made her a cup of tea, but as I left , sent up a message to whom ever God is, and said "don't leave her too much longer "
Teary reading this Susan, so like my gal here, lovely Jean ....
She worsens with each day and I wish she could just find peace now as she is in such turmoil mentally .....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 01:56 PM

Both got me teary here, when people say they want to live for ever I always say no take me before I get tired of life.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 01:56 PM

Until about 3 years ago I used to deliver a newspaper to an old couple across the road. He had the onset of dementia and she was almost immobile due to bad legs. She often said to me that she wanted to die which she did eventually. I think increasingly people are living longer than is good for them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 02:41 PM

Very sad but I expect she still gets some pleasure from the daughter who visits daily
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 02:56 PM

I truly don't want to live to be old . I don't mind when I leave this planet , but oh I do hope I don't live too long. To see Josephine and others who I have met , just sitting and waiting. Honestly there is no quality of life. While I was making her a cup of tea , I read a message from the carer to her daughter saying , "Josephine was on the floor this morning " when I asked Josephine she could not remember .

I do think we live too long nowadays .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 03:15 PM

As pension ages rise we won't have to worry about it so long, I doubt some of us will live to see retirement now it's up to 76 if it goes up again may as well just accept we die working.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 04:00 PM

I do think it's really sad when people are in that situation, i knew a lady of 94 who was the same really in the last few years, she was lonely but felt that she couldn't burdon Her family to visit more frequently. She relied on carers for everything so couldn't even walk a little way or get herself a snack or go to the bathroom.
She saw her daughter pass away before she did.

It's not nice to think that you might spend several years completely reliant on others and despite keeping fit and healthy sometimes there is no avoiding it.

On the other hand some are still quite active into their 90's.

I know a 90 year old who passed away recently at a meeting of a local charity group he belonged to, he was still gardening, going on walking holidays and involved in lots of local clubs and groups, he just died suddenly of a heart attack with no previous symptoms.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 05:24 PM

My Auntie is 95yrs and she's just stopped driving just after Christmas, she lives in Stockport which is quite away from where i live but hope to go visit her soon as you don't know what may happen? but she is all together in herself mentally and physically... She sent me a Card on my Birthday as her's is on the same day and she never forget's..
Her son who live's in the next town visit's her regulary and she goes to the church functions and has friends close by.

It shows how some people's live's can be so different, i was teary of the thought of this lady being on her own, life should never end this way
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-05-2015, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I truly don't want to live to be old . I don't mind when I leave this planet , but oh I do hope I don't live too long. To see Josephine and others who I have met , just sitting and waiting. Honestly there is no quality of life. While I was making her a cup of tea , I read a message from the carer to her daughter saying , "Josephine was on the floor this morning " when I asked Josephine she could not remember .

I do think we live too long nowadays .

To me, its not a case of what age we die at. It's more of a case of how long we are healthy for. Some oldies manage to stay reasonably healthy as they age, and sadly, some youngsters die early.
This is why I believe health is more important than age.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top