Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:22 AM

Do you make a 'To do' list ?

I sometimes do but am not sufficiently disciplined to do a daily one - or even to stick to the ones I do make.

General 'tidying up' is on my list today - sorting which cards may be re-used, filing any particularly good verses for future reference, finding somewhere to put the lovely gifts I received - Oh - and recapturing my garage door which seems to have made a bid for freedom in the night and is cowering in the middle of the drive !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:29 AM

Re: Do you make a 'To do' list ?

Yes every so often I make one trouble is I tend to not do the things on the list and find other things to do which I cheat and add to the list so I can give them a big tick as being done ! List gets longer and longer !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:31 AM

Yes I do. It sorts it all out in my mind if nothing else
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:32 AM

I wouldn't say I have a list but I do have a couple of whiteboards where I note things I must remember to do or get.

Originally I used to use a whiteboard marker on the fridge but that became too cluttered with magnets and bits of paper so I bought a decent sized whiteboard from an office supplier and fixed it to the hall wall.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:46 AM

Yes definitely! Nothing would get done in my life otherwise.

And I'm the same as Julie...other things leap onto the list, putting others jobs on the back burner.

I look out for bargain printed 'To Do Lists', in £1 shops, or The Works, or M&S did great desk sheets, that had spaces for contacts, urgent things to do, scribbling areas. In The Works I got a 'Weekly Planner' pad, and I sometimes complete one and stick it on the nail in the wall by my desk. Great if I have many appointments, or need to remind myself to type minutes, attend meetings, jobs to do for these things. Though retired I lead a very busy life at times and need to be well organised.

My secretarial training kicks in!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 11:56 AM

Not all the time but if I plan a big clean up I like to make a list.
Starting with the ceiling - clean light fittings etc and working my way down.
I get a feeling of satisfaction each time I tick one of the chores off.

Sad I know!
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 12:09 PM

Yes, we have a 'to do' list, but it takes a long while to actually complete what's on it !!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 01:17 PM

Oh yes I do Lists, love them, I think they are a necessity, TBH.Can"t think how people manage without them.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 01:24 PM

I sometimes make a shopping list, more often than not I forget to bring it and invariably forget at least a couple of items.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-01-2015, 01:36 PM

[QUOTE=Jazzi;588463]Yes definitely! Nothing would get done in my life otherwise.

And I'm the same as Julie...other things leap onto the list, putting others jobs on the back burner.

I look out for bargain printed 'To Do Lists', in £1 shops, or The Works, or M&S did great desk sheets, that had spaces for contacts, urgent things to do, scribbling areas. In The Works I got a 'Weekly Planner' pad, and I sometimes complete one and stick it on the nail in the wall by my desk. Great if I have many appointments, or need to remind myself to type minutes, attend meetings, jobs to do for things. Though retired I lead a very busy life at times and need to be well organised.
QUOTE]

Yup, I'm just the same as you Jazzi. If I don't write it down, there's not much chance of me remembering.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top