Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 10:48 PM

Our next King

They were talking on the radio today about who the public thought would make the best King, Charles or William?
What are your thoughts on this?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 11:04 PM

Re: Our next King

I think they will both be good. I agree with many of Charles' opinions - such as his view on natural organic farming, traditional construction techniques, functional medicine etc.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 11:15 PM

I think William will make a fine king .
For his sake I would like him to have a little more experience of life before he is committed to such an all consuming task.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-10-2014, 11:34 PM

Yes I agree, both of them take their duties seriously and want to live up to the way the Queen has fulfilled the role. Charles will never be the monarch for anything like as lengthy a time though.
I think I would like to see William as king, I think he will only improve as he matures, Charles has his personal 'projects' but he doesn't come across as having great strength of character though I could be wrong.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 07:08 AM

I wonder if the Queen refusing to abdicate gives us an idea of what Charles is like. She of all people knows him better than us.

Personally I am on the opinion no one will ever match her standards, though he must get more frustrated the longer her reign goes on. Bit of a vicious circle, methinks. I'll never accept a Queen Camilla, that's for sure. I don't care how happy she makes him. I'm not a fan of any of the Queen's children, with the exception of the hard working Princess Royal.

As for William and Kate, I reckon they'd be a good K &Q.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I wonder if the Queen refusing to abdicate gives us an idea of what Charles is like. She of all people knows him better than us.
... I don't think so.

I think the moment Elisabeth became queen she looked upon it as she would a marriage , a duty for life and 'noblesse oblige'.

The only time I could see her handing over would be if she became too ill to carry on.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 09:12 AM

Seeing as a King/Queen are figure heads only and have no power over the people I say let Charles have his reign. It won't make any difference to us.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 09:31 AM

There is no reason at all why Charles should not become King, it's not something you can cherrypick and nor should it be.

Personally I like Charles and think he will do well when his time comes.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 09:31 AM

That is true Carol, I don't think the Queen is refusing to abdicate as there have been no calls for her to do so as far as I know.
She has been of sound mind and in good health so no reason for her to do so apart from the advancing years and she is certainly proving that you can still have it in your 80's. She has probably kept so good mentally from having to keep so informed and on the ball with all that is going on in the world and especially in the UK.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2014, 10:26 AM

I always thought Anne would have made a great Queen but that wasn't to be so William would be my choice.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top