Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 12:25 AM

Desert Island

Just supposing you found yourself, by a quirk of fate, to be cast away on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with no passing ships for months, with whom would you like to be your fellow castaways, but you can only pick 10, and why?

What would your needs be from the ship that wasn't in imminent danger of sinking?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 06:39 AM

Re: Desert Island

Hubbs.....
My nan ....
A pet ......
Cant possibly think of 10 Mollie .....
Must have music and plenty of it
Shade - and plenty of it
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 07:19 AM

Good thread Mollie, no point in having 10 family members, that would be a recipe for disaster, but outside relatives, I would guess most people don't actually know, 10 other people, so it's a tricky one, being castaway just goes to show how insular we are, on a daily basis.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 07:20 AM

My husband, Niece Tasha, great niece Grace, my two nephews, my dogs ..... can't think of anyone else I would want to spend prolonged time with.

From the ship, enough of my families medications because without that we would all be dead fairly fast.

Matches - don't think rubbing sticks together is quite as effective.

And loo rolls - grass/leaves again not so effective !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 07:41 AM

I think Ray Mears would be my first choice as Man Friday, and then I'd send for the rest of my retinue when he's set up an encampment for us, foraged all the provisions and lit the fire.....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 07:41 AM

Thor Heyerdahl (he knows how to make rafts),
Bear Grylls (he knows how to survive in the wild - what to eat and what NOT to eat)!!!

Jeremy Wade - He knows how to fish!!!
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Thor Heyerdahl (he knows how to make rafts),
Bear Grylls (he knows how to survive in the wild - what to eat and what NOT to eat)!!!

Jeremy Wade - He knows how to fish!!!
Hey UJ what about me I know bugger all??

I know one person I would like to be standed with, cos he's very clever and would know how to make a raft, wouldn't be able to catch food though, but think of the weight I'd lose eating all that fruit. When the raft was finished in the dead of night I could sneak away and sail home and leave the begger there to pontificate to his bloomin self about the vagaries of life
I'll give this some serious thought as I'm off out for the day alongside the Bridgewater Canal, it's water isn't it, but am taking butties and a flask, Oh and the dog.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 08:39 AM

Tropical Island? not quite a desert island? Easily done. Come by boat to Australia as an asylum seeker and you will end up in a tropical paradise.

The Government will send you to Manus Island for a few years then settle you in Papua New Guinea.

However if you want to settle in Australia just do what 95% of asylum seekers do; come by plane.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 08:46 AM

wouldn't like to go to either, they've got big scary insects
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2013, 09:33 AM

Manus Island, now that takes me back. Worked there for a few weeks back in 1990. Wouldn't want to go back now, though. Not sure that Aus should be able to exploit PNG that way. They already have enough problems.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top