Join for free
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 11:06 AM

An area the size of Wales

It was reported today that an area of Rainforest the size of WALES is destroyed every day.

DId you know that the entire population of the world could stand shoulder to shoulder in WALES?

Did you always wonder if NEw Jersey is the size of Wales?

Wales is 20,779 km2 in total for your information.

WHat is it about WALES that is so attractive as a measurement. ??, I don't get it !
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 03:51 PM

Re: An area the size of Wales

Not known to be a cynic but its been alleged that Rainforest the size
of Wales was disappearing for years now. So by my reckoning we shouldnt
have any trees left. Not saying they are not being cut down but the
years its been said seems to be decades now
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

17-03-2013, 04:11 PM

Wales is a very nice place to live. We have been here for 23 years.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Willow ->
Wales is a very nice place to live. We have been here for 23 years.
I've been to Wales 3 times. The first time we were snowed in for 4 days, the second time it rained & rained & the third time we nearly lost one of our kids down a disused well.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 05:54 PM

That's something I don't believe, I think the population of China could easily fill Wales.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 06:50 PM

Wales is a beautiful place ,they can sing in Wales and they are particulally good at Rugby!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

17-03-2013, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
That's something I don't believe, I think the population of China could easily fill Wales.
YOu have a point Jimmy, it's just a matter of time before they do just that, they probably own most of it already.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

17-03-2013, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Wales is a beautiful place ,they can sing in Wales and they are particulally good at Rugby!
WHy do they switch to talking in WELSH when an Englishman enters their pubs.?
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
WHy do they switch to talking in WELSH when an Englishman enters their pubs.?
Because they are ignorant, and it's not just in pubs.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2013, 08:07 PM

I've only passed through Wales on the way to London by train, I've always wanted to have a short holiday there with the wife and I hope to one day, my nephew is a doctor in Bangor and he's always asking us over, he was born and raised in London and he loves living in Wales.
I don't know why they single out Wales when making these stupid comparisons, I never pay any attention to them anyway, someone justs makes them up. I hear there are only 6 green eyed black and white rats left in the world, enough to fit in a shoe box and if we don't send money now they will become extinct, imagine that!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top