Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 06:09 AM

Happy Monday Folk.

[IMG]
[/IMG] I took this photo from our hotel room on the promenade in Douglas on the Isle of Man. The mist had rolled in from the sea and onto the headlands each side of the bay. As it climbed up the headlands it rolled down the sides towards the centre of the bay meeting in the middle where the impetus thrust it upwards to form the ridge. Note the boat anchored in the bay, it looks as though it's about to be swamped by a tsunami. I sent this photo to the meteorologist on the Isle and he said that he had never witnessed this phenomena.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 08:36 AM

Re: Happy Monday Folk.

Good morning Alan and all to come in yet. Great photo Alan. Surprised they didnt give you a pat on the back for that as it is a really fab weather photo.
Not going mad today with anything so a plodding day. Have to go into town to the train station to pick my train tickets for Friday up. Normally have them posted but not these.
Hope everyone has a lovely day even though the weather here is saying stay in, dont go out.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 08:45 AM

Good morning everyone. Fab photo Alan - we get some beautiful cloud formations here and when they hang around our one and only mountain, they actually form the shape of the moutain whilst they cover it, how weird is that!

Grey start to the day here and feels a bit damp outside too - got most of the weeding done yesterday thankfully. Taking one of my dogs for some blood tests this morning and then off into Douglas this afternoon - as it's a hospital appointment and necessitates a drive over the mountain, I may be gone some time ...
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 09:18 AM

Wow, Lovely photo Alan. Good Morning everyone. Beautiful morning the sun is shining but it is extremely cold out there.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 09:27 AM

Morning All Another damp and dreich start to the day so far.

Alan - that's a brilliant capture there! Many thanks for sharing. Must have been great to see that!

Hope you all enjoy a good day today.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 09:55 AM

Good morning folks. Lovely sunny morning here in Cheshire.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 09:59 AM

Gosh Alan ~ extraordinary is hardly the word.
Wonderful pic.

Morning all. Coughing away with my cold but feeling more normal, thank goodness, so I should be able to get to Mum's and back

Doesn't look too bad out there ~ dull but not raining .... yet

Have a good one
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 11:16 AM

Good morning all. Frosty start here, bright but cold, 2°C brrr.
Bedding changed, washing on, finishing my second cup of coffee.
Getting a parcel ready to send to second grandaughter - I don't feel up to the two hour drive for her birthday - she loves receiving parcels, more than she likes seeing us I suspect
Lovely picture Alan, quite dramatic.
Have a good day everyone.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 11:26 AM

Morning all, we are sunny here

Going bowling (indoor) later
WinterRose
Ohio / Indiana
WinterRose is female  WinterRose has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2013, 11:45 AM

Awoke to find FREEZING RAIN and so that means HUBBY works from home today ... at least till it clears up so I will bee back in when I can so have a great morning / afternoon one and all !!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top