Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Mo
Hitchin Hertfordshire UK
Uncle Mo is male  Uncle Mo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 12:45 PM

Chatting

No matter who's round the table, a group of friends, even strangers, no matter what the subject, I am very aware I'm the one who is talked to the most. It's a compliment, but why? I notice on some chat shows the host will pay more attention to one particular guest.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

08-03-2013, 01:03 PM

Re: Chatting

People seem to enjoy singling me out for a chat too, I have no idea why.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 01:09 PM

I have no idea why they talk to you most Uncle Mo Perhaps you have an engaging voice and personality

People talk me a lot in these situations. I don't think it is a compliment though but due to the fact I tend to talk a lot more than most people and have opinions on many things

I though on chat shows equal time was allocated to each guest, if not perhaps some are like me and talk too much
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

08-03-2013, 01:22 PM

I was a guest on 'This Morning' in the late 90s and in that case I had my own allotted slot of about 10/15 minutes, I think. I was also invited to take part in the Kilroy show sometime later, there were several well known guests, as well as myself, I wouldn't have had anything to do with the show if I had realised how absolutely ghastly Kilroy-Silk is! Before filming he came onto the set 'f'ing and blinding, which wasn't at all pleasant. When introduced to me he called me by a shortened version of my name, which I don't like and don't use. I politely corrected him, but he took offence and tried to cut me out of the discussion. However that was to no avail, the other guests were interested in my views on the topic, and kept asking my opinion.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 01:44 PM

I agree re - Kilroy.... Just did nothing for me - very self-indulgent..
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 02:03 PM

Uncle Mo, perhaps it is because you always look interested in what is being said.

I used to go out in a crowd of friends, we all used to talk at once but we knew what each was saying; After many years I still have a tenancy to do the same and have to apologise for interrupting, I don't mean to be rude but cannot get out of the habit.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Myth and Magic ->
I used to go out in a crowd of friends, we all used to talk at once but we knew what each was saying; After many years I still have a tenancy to do the same and have to apologise for interrupting, I don't mean to be rude but cannot get out of the habit.
Me too ,...
....also if I don't say what I want to say quickly I forget what I was going to say
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

08-03-2013, 02:36 PM

Because of my husband's brain damage he finds conversations hard to follow if everyone is talking at once or quickly. He gets irritated when my daughters and I get together as we tend to do this.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 03:06 PM

From my experiences in public houses all over the Country Uncle Mo, I found certain people have a gift of encapturing the attention of all, or most, of the other people around a table, this has the effect of putting everyone at ease from the start and goes for a good night to be had by all, I can't put my finger on it, but if you got it Uncle Mo treasure it, it's a great thing to be able to cheer folks up and add a bit of joy to their lives, keep up the good work, fair play to you.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2013, 03:23 PM

I just talk too much - to myself, or my parrots, or Loki At least I get no back-chat from them!

Hate Kilroy-Silk - if he was a bar of chocolate, he would eat himself!

Must have been interesting meeting him though, Willow!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top