Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 03:16 AM

Next Weekend

Clocks go back and it's officially winter, so get yer thermals ready folks. I've already got me wincyette knee-length knickers at the ready!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 07:58 AM

Re: Next Weekend

Originally Posted by Mollie ->
Clocks go back and it's officially winter, so get yer thermals ready folks. I've already got me wincyette knee-length knickers at the ready!

Can do better than that Mollie darlin' - have thermal long-johns in my undies drawer - when the weather turns cold (as the forecasts tell us it will mid-week) will be putting them on under my trousers.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 10:06 AM

According to the whether forecast you are going to need those thermals next weekend Mollie

I am off to test my hot water bottle for leaks
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 10:16 AM

I wondered when the clocks went back Thanks Mollie.
Don't own thermals, might be a good idea to buy some this winter though. A good idea to test the hot water bottle Meg, I might do the same
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 10:20 AM

Are they shell pink wynciette Mollie?
I heard it is going to turn very cold next week and I'm off to the Exmouth area for a few days next week - hopefully it will be a bit warmer there.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 11:24 AM

I never stopped useing the hottie this year at all, also been wearing the Thermals for a couple of months and was looking at the long knickers ( is that long Johns or long Janes) as it is chilly around the knees.I also have my thickest Duvet on already.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 11:26 AM

just in case you wondered we are a trouser wearing community up here in the cold region, I wasnt going to wear the long things under a skirt.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 12:04 PM

Stuff next weekend, when I went out this morning to go to the docs I had to put my Thinsulate gloves on! Even with them I could barely grip the car keys to turn the lock.

I don't mind the cold weather though, because it makes coming back indoors and lighting the coal fire that little bit more pleasurable.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
Stuff next weekend, when I went out this morning to go to the docs I had to put my Thinsulate gloves on! Even with them I could barely grip the car keys to turn the lock.

I don't mind the cold weather though, because it makes coming back indoors and lighting the coal fire that little bit more pleasurable.
Jim matey, that's what comes of living in foreign parts (If Alex Salmond gets his way) that is that much closer to the Arctic Circle. Am sitting here without any form of heating on at the moment, and despite that, room thermostat still reads 19 oC.
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-10-2012, 12:17 PM

The mercury on my barometer is still below 15 Degrees, better go and put another log on the fire and get those flames burning faster.

Might pour myself a wee Whiskey afterwords, warm the old cockles!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top