Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 11:42 AM

Bath or Shower

I read someones post and it started this debate in my mind
The poster often says she is going for a shower
and its in the morning. I personally have to get in a bath and that's at night time not during the day.
I wondered if anyone else has a bath or shower or day and night routine that feels right to them and maybe not to others??
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 11:55 AM

Re: Bath or Shower

We had our bath removed about 7 years ago, so showers all the way for us. I have one in the morning and another in the evening but I work odd hours in quite a sweaty job so like to be clean when I come home in the morning then before I get onto bed at night.

Use rose shower gel at night as it's soothing and bar soap in the morning as it wakes me up more.
GDAD
Sydney Australia
GDAD is male  GDAD has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 12:01 PM

Here in the land of OZ, people use the shower more than a bath.
In every bathroom there is a dedicated shower cubicle.

http://www.houzz.com/tile-shower-enclosures
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 12:07 PM

Showers use a lot less water than baths I've been told. I didn't include a bathtub in my house at all. Never even enjoyed lying in a bath. Some people love relaxing in a tub with a book, chocolates, cigar or just enjoying the bubbles. Fair enough, but not for me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 12:14 PM

I have a bath every morning, it is a ritual, I also have a separate shower cubicle, purely for aesthetic purposes.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 12:15 PM

I shower and wash my hair every morning. I find that is all I need unless its summertime and very sweaty. I do love the occasional soak in a bath too but only in an evening.
You don't know what you're missing Ploppy.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I have a bath every morning, it is a ritual, I also have a separate shower cubicle, purely for aesthetic purposes.

You mean you have a shower just standing there not being used? How silly is that?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 12:23 PM

It was added during an ostentatious period in my life.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox

28-11-2013, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
You don't know what you're missing Ploppy.
Just as well. If I did miss a bath, I'd have to build a bigger house to fit it in. Too expensive. I could always go to the farm next door and lie in the trough the cows drink out of.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2013, 12:25 PM

I shower after running but on a cold day with no running, or if I just feel the need, I will soak in a hot bath - luvly.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top