Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 11:06 PM

Having a lay in

I was thinking this morning, now a lot of us here are retired, do you still set an alarm clock every day, or do you enjoy the luxury of not getting up until you wake up?
Do you ever get a nice cuppa brought to you in bed before you rise? That would be such a treat, I would love that.

I only set my alarm if I need to be somewhere at a certain time, but I still don't get to spoil myself and have a long lay in because the dogs start shuffling about and want me to get up, and much as I love them, they still can't get the hang of bringing me a cup of tea in bed.

When did you last get a lovely lay in, and a cuppa?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 11:22 PM

Re: Having a lay in

I don't do 'layins ' Mups Chloe has to have her breakfast early, she is sick if her tummy is empty for long periods (she produces an excess of bile known as has chronic bilious vomiting syndrome) then she wants to go out for her walk .

I am not a lay in sort of person anyway I like to be up and doing .
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 11:26 PM

I wouldn't want to do it every day either Meg, but I would seriously love it as a treat once in a while.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 11:26 PM

I never bother with an alarm clock unless we're going somewhere.
Funny thing is - Now I don't need to get up early, I wake early. I often go back to sleep though and have a lie in till 10.00am or later.

I like a cuppa every morning as soon as I wake and it's mostly me who makes it. I keep a kettle & drinks stuff upstairs.

If you really fancied a cuppa without getting out of bed to make it you could always make a flask up the night before?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2017, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wouldn't want to do it every day either Meg, but I would seriously love it as a treat once in a while.
Mups I would lay there thinking of all the things I could be doing
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-04-2017, 11:34 PM

I don't think I'd fancy tea that had stewed all night Carol, I bet it wouldn't taste the same. I used to have one of those Teasmade' things years ago, I have a feeling they still make them don't they?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

22-04-2017, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups I would lay there thinking of all the things I could be doing

So would I Meg. . . . and then feel a heady gay abandon as I snuggled back down under the duvet!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 12:33 AM

I wish I could lay in I cannot sleep and wake early
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

23-04-2017, 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I wish I could lay in I cannot sleep and wake early

I don't think I've ever woken really early in my life Muddy, and even if I do, it only takes a few minutes for me to go back to sleep again - given half a chance.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2017, 05:28 AM

Not for me Mups, I couldn't lay in if you paid me, besides the dogs wouldn't let me. I get up at 5am summer and winter, but am always awake anyway watching the clock before then. I take the dogs down the garden first then have a cuppa for an hour before breakfast. Wouldn't want it any other way really.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top