Join for free
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 11:42 AM

Some Radio Adverts

Those adverts that come on some radio stations where they talk so fast that its a job to keep up with. Do you see any point in having them on as they talk so fast you can never catch the details ie phone numbers etc.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 12:41 PM

Re: Some Radio Adverts

Its the dreadful standard of ad that winds me up.
The standard 50s housewife and her know all condescending husband type of voice.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 12:45 PM

I regularly listen to LBC but to be honest the adverts drive me crazy and I turn them down, they are wasting their money who listens to them?
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 12:51 PM

Here in America the talk fast announcent where you can't understand a word they are saying is called the.. Desclaimer.. A way by which a company protects itself and at the same time confuses the buyer. In the end if a company is taken to court, the lawyer can debate the fact in open court, that the consumer was made aware of certain issues, though the consumer never had a clue
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
I regularly listen to LBC but to be honest the adverts drive me crazy and I turn them down, they are wasting their money who listens to them?
Apparently they feel they are SAVING money by speaking so quickly, what with the price-per-second the radio station charges.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 03:56 PM

What puzzles me a little bit is the amount of Scottish people doing the adverts[and I haven't got anything against the Scots.] Just wondering really.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 05:23 PM

I detest ads. Radio 4 is the only radio station to which I listen.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-02-2016, 06:21 PM

I hear them but it doesnt stay in my brain theyre just gobbledegook in the background..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top