Join for free
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 10:10 AM

Do you still use DVDs/BluRay?

I could buy a machine for my TV but I doubt I would use it much. My TV has a recording feature where it will record to any old HDD. That should give me plenty of things to watch if there's not much on. I would stream but can't get this new TV to connect to my wi-fi - it works fine with my phone's hot-spot.

I also think they look messy/untidy, either DVDs in a pile on the floor or on shelves. And I've no wish to keep something once I've watched it.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 10:13 AM

Re: Do you still use DVDs/BluRay?

I do yes - I have box sets of all my favourite comedies & TV programmes and my favourite films. I get much enjoyment from them.

I keep them on a special stand & they don't look untidy at all..
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 10:16 AM

Good for you - we're all different.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 11:03 AM

I don't have a TV - so - yes, I do use DVDs - have quite a collection of them - all stored tidily on shelves in the hall, according to category.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 11:22 AM

No I do not have any DVD’s, I do have a few CD’s of photographs in a drawer, but just record/watch things on TV. I never watch something twice, just as I do not read a book twice.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 11:27 AM

Yes ive hundrreds of DVDs if i like it i will watch it again, rewatched the Blues Brothers last night fabulous feel good film, i dont have TV i watch only what i want to see.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 12:12 PM

Yes I have a load of DVDs that I like to watch, and several Box Sets some going way back to the 70s and 80s.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 03:04 PM

I prefer to have something tangible so I would rather have DVDs than something downloaded onto a hard drive, only to get lost or corrupted. There isn't enough quality programmes on TV for me to record anyway.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 04:05 PM

Hundreds of DVD's here. Films & music. I managed to convert my DVD player to all regions as I have a lot of American films/series too & they were region 1. I watch films every week. I'd be loath to change my DVD player, unless you can now get all region DVD players.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2018, 04:55 PM

Have a blu Ray player, well actually I have two, ones a ps3, used for Netflix , the others not used and is in the attic, we watch movies on Apple TV , I have dvd,s and blue rays, but never rewatch films until they come on the telly,

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top