Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:30 AM

Roadworks

Hi

My pet hate.

Why do they do them every summer, especially in the School Holidays?

Traffic is at it's highest then, especially around here, with people going to the coast.

The A49 south of Shrewsbury is being closed for 10 days, with a 60 mile diversion .

Just one of the 160 sets for roadworks planned for Shropshire this summer.

Locally it is going to be chaos, resurfacing the A49 both sides of the village.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:39 AM

Re: Roadworks

I've been told that it's because the councils get funds in April so they can't plan anything until then, they probably use up all the money before the winter so roadworks stop then ( probably why there's no gritting done either)
A couple of summers ago they decided to do works on all roads leading out of our area at the same time. It was chaos! Tempers flared and one poor worker had a dirty nappy thrown at him! Tsk!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 08:45 AM

It's not good when a "Babe in Arms" gets Road Rage, what narks me of late is the long term closure of rat runs, there are two on my daily commute, both closed for months, so, all the traffic that used them are forced onto the Trunk Roads, causing chaos.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2017, 06:48 PM

It makes more sense to lay tarmac on warm roads rather than sub zero.
It works better.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top