Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:43 AM

Fox hunting

I am with Bill Oddie on this one .

https://www.express.co.uk/news/natur...ality-humanity
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:50 AM

Re: Fox hunting

It's a fact foxes need controlling but I agree fox hunting with hounds certainly isn't the answer.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 10:53 AM

What bugs me is anyone else using dogs to hunt would be in trouble.
It's illegal.

They are a special 'breed' these hunters, and lack compassion IMO. At our local hunt kennels even the horses and hounds themselves are nothing more than vehicles to do a job of work. If they are not good enough, they are disposed of like a bag of rubbish.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:09 AM

Good old BIll ..I wish him luck..

Foxes need controling and the first step in doing that is to get Britains litter problem under control. Foxes wont go where there is no food. NL is teeming with them ...or so Im told in 27 years I have never seen one ever! Yet 5 minutes after getting off the train in London last year at I saw one rooting around in a pub car park at 3pm.

Macdonalds, KFC, kebab, chips, its like a beggers banquet on the streets of big towns and cities and the foxes will take what they can.
So first step get people under control ..
Secondly, hunting with horse and hound is not effective in reducing numbers, nor is it cost effective, it is simply a sport dressed up as vermin control to make it more acceptable.

If the law is changed is a step back into the dark ages for the UK and I expect that when they get bored of foxes, witch hunting wont be far behind.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:10 AM

Foxes need to be controlled, so it is either hunting or shooting them.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:18 AM

Arguable that they do need to be controlled according to this article: http://www.discoverwildlife.com/brit...ntrol-foxes-uk
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:24 AM

I`m with Barry on this. Foxes may look pretty,I have one who visits my garden and I have seen her take a rat more than once. But they are killers.

They do need controlling but dressing up, charging through others people`s land and smearing blood over a teenage girl`s face?? No thank you.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
I`m with Barry on this. Foxes may look pretty,I have one who visits my garden and I have seen her take a rat more than once. But they are killers.

They do need controlling but dressing up, charging through others people`s land and smearing blood over a teenage girl`s face?? No thank you.

Well said OG.

I know they can be a damn nuisance, scavenging about and killing stock, I can't abide the stink of 'em either.
When I used to keep a lot of poultry I had to be constantly vigilant for the darn things. I had a friend come and shoot persistent ones.
Having said that, everything has got it's predators in life, and foxes have to eat and feed their families too.

It is the glorification of the hunt that pee's me off, the whole set up, their total lack of respect for other people's property and their whole, snotty attitude.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2017, 11:35 AM

Hunting should never encroach on the properties of those who object to it.
wrinkles
New Member!
Gloucestershire
wrinkles is male 

22-05-2017, 11:50 AM

Its the hunters that need exterminating more than the foxes, there are far more efficient ways to control fox numbers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top