Join for free
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2010, 06:47 PM

lotto winner wants his bin job back

10 million in 8 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8692401.stm?ls
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2010, 07:14 PM

Re: lotto winner wants his bin job back

He obviously wasn't capable of coping with that amount of wealth at a young age and by the sound of it, he had no-one to advise him.

I really do think there should be a limit to the amount a person can win.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2010, 07:31 PM

What a waste eh!?
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2010, 08:01 PM

Hope he was at least sensible enough to make sure he bought his own home.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2010, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by PPHammer ->
Hope he was at least sensible enough to make sure he bought his own home.

Dont know if its worth a lot
Lottery winning dustman Carroll's broke and signing on

LOTTO lout Mikey Carroll is broke and back on the DOLE after blowing nearly £10 million in just seven years.

And the tattooed ex-dustman claims he's HAPPIER being penniless - and wants to return to his old job on the bins.

He said: "The party has ended and it's back to reality,"

The tattooed yob reveals today how he squandered a fortune on DRUGS, GAMBLING and 2,000 HOOKERS after scooping £9.7 million in 2002.

"I haven't got two pennies to rub together and that's the way I like it. I find it easier to live off £42 dole than a million."

Carroll, 26, was down to his last £500,000 cash in 2008 and had just his £400,000 fleet of luxury cars left last year. But he sold them and soon frittered away the money.

Parties

"I'm just glad it's over," he said as he revealed the full extent of his astonishing spending spree - and his sordid life as a millionaire.

Carroll gave away £5 million to family and friends - but added: "There were also vultures everywhere after my cash," he said. "I started to see what people were really like."

But he soon concentrated his spending on what really turned him on.

"I only started to think about three things - drugs, sex and gold," he boasted.

By the end of 2003, he was smoking £2,000 of crack cocaine every day and hosting drug and booze fuelled parties at his £325,000 home, the notorious Grange.

"The dealer who introduced me to CRACK has more of my lotto money that I do," laughed Carroll whose three-year drugs spree cost him £230,000.

"He handed me my first bag of the stuff for free then he hiked up the price every time he came back. He knew what he was doing - but it blew my mind." By then his fed-up wife Sandra had walked out on him and took their baby daughter Brooke to her parent's home in Scotland. They are now divorced.

So in came the HOOKERS. He bragged he was bedding up to four a day - a total of £100,000 satisfying his drug-fuelled lust.

He added: "I could go for days without sleeping because of the drugs - so I would just spend night and day s******g with all these hookers". His other weakness was gold BLING which he spent £200,000 on. During one wild party, he handed out gold anklets worth around £200 each to all the women he had bedded.

"I loved gold and wanted all my girls to wear it as well," he smiled. "My favourite is a thick chain with a bulldog on. It weighed a ton but I wore it even when I was having sex."

"I would buy these huge necklaces. One cost me around £9,000 and another around £2,000. All of it was robbed in 2004. There was about £100,000 worth of gold stolen. But the next day I went out and bought it all again."

His addictions also included gambling. He also lost a shocking £1 MILLION on the dogs and horses. And the soccer fan even pumped £1 MILLION into his favourite football team, Rangers.

Carroll was dubbed the King of Chavs because of his antics and wild parties at his mansion in Downham Market, Norfolk.

Jailed

He built a £200,000 swimming pool and decked the eight-bedroom home it out with almost £300,000 worth of boys' toys including seven widescreen TVs, a Jacuzzi and huge sound systems for parties. And the gardens were turned into a dirt track where he and his pals would race old bangers in between a string of lads' holidays to Spain which cost him £50,000.

But in 2004, the parties which cost him £300,000 were put on hold as Carroll was jailed for five months for cocaine possession. Two years later he was locked up for nine months for affray. He believes he has spent around £55,000 on legal fees.

"Being inside is s*** when you've got money on the outside," he said. "You don't want to be in a tiny room, you want to be spending."

In 2008, thugs killed 12 of his dogs and ran him out of his lavish home and he has never returned. Instead it stands vandalised and derelict with his £200,000 pool filled with rubbish.

He now lives in his other smaller home, but has no regrets. "It's a bit strange going on the dole again because that's what I was doing before I won," he said.

"I've lived the high life but I want my job back and to earn a normal wage. I'll do anything to earn a pound or two now."
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK
PPHammer is male  PPHammer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2010, 08:50 PM

suddenly I think he deserves his new found pennilessness
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2010, 02:25 PM

I agree with you there PPH! That has happened to a good lot of winners, not just of the lottery but the football pools, people winning too much money, who have never been used to it and they spend, spend, spend! Perhaps more advisers should be around to help and guide them!

Personally, I think the top prize is far too much and it would be nicer to see some of it going to 2nd, 3rd and 4th prize! But then I am being selfish as I win a tenner now and again - oh and I won £13 not that long ago!!
PPHammer
Yorkshire, UK

20-05-2010, 08:46 PM

Talking about spend spend spend, I saw Viv Nicholson working in a shop in the shopping centre near me some years ago. She is from my neck of the woods.

How the mighty have fallen.

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/highl...son.4417776.jp

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top