Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 12:41 AM

Usernames

I've always been fascinated by some of the usernames chosen by people, so why did you choose yours, and does it have any significance?

My name actually is Mollie, so it is my real name, and is one I've used on every forum I've ever been a member of, along with the old cat avatar, but there are some wonderfully creative usernames.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 12:53 AM

Re: Usernames

Dandy was my cat when I first got a computer; went on a forum and discovered I needed a user name, so that's just what came to mind. Not very original or clever, but it's nice to remember my very special little Singapura boy who's gone to the Bridge a long time ago. Mom still misses you, Dandy ......
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 12:55 AM

Mines just a nickname I have had since early school days, nothing sinister about it I just dont like my given name, never have, so when I was accorded a nickname based on my real name I kept answering to it, I wont say what my real name is but, suffice to say the accronism I answer to is the initial of my first name so aitch is good, by the way It has royal conurbations, and is a very old one.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 01:06 AM

And that will drive us crazy trying to guess the real name .....
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 01:10 AM

I can understand why Aitch doesn't like his real first name, but it does begin with H, ergo, Aitch. Don't try to guess it, because he won't tell you, and neither will I.

There really are some fascinating usernames on here though, and I often wonder how folk think them up.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-10-2011, 01:14 AM

Well of course it begins with H, and I'm thinking of the royal connotation: early people like Harald Bluetooth, that sort of thing??? And naturally no one will say.... nor would I
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

09-10-2011, 01:25 AM

I don't suppose it matters if a person doesn't wish to give their real name.

What has fascinated me on here though is that folk have usernames, and yet they give their real first names as well. It's no wonder I get confooosed as to whom I am speaking with.

I shall become accustomed in time.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

09-10-2011, 01:43 AM

Feel free to call me whatever you're comfortable with: I answer to Eileen, DM or Dandysmom; as the cliche goes, call me anyting but late to dinner ......
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 07:21 AM

I think my user names speaks for itself. Selected when he sold off our gold reserves for pea nuts.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2011, 08:20 AM

Mine is fairly obvious too as my dogs are my life now but happy to be addressed as Val as well

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top