Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 12:13 AM

going to the cinema

I dont know if any one has mentioned this before, but do any of you frequent the cinema in this day and age, I certainly do, even though I am in my 70s, and more so if the film is in 3D, I started going with the grandchildren a few years ago and enjoyed every minute, compared to when I was going to the flicks in the 50s and 60s, there is no comparison, both in comfort and viewing, The next family event for us is the new Sherlock Holmes one, released on the 2nd of Dec, I have seen every one of the Harry Potter films, but I dont know if I would have enjoyed the books, never having read them, its now to late so what would be your preference in films.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Re: going to the cinema

We went to the cinema last week with our grandchildren to see Rowan Atkinson in "Johnny English Reborn" ..... he played a spoof James Bond roll and as you may imagine, everything goes wrong for him.

That's the first time for a few years that we've been to the cinema and have to say I did enjoy it!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 12:19 PM

I went to see The Smurf film in 3D a couple of months ago with my grandaughter. The first time I've been in years and we thrilled at the effects. She's seen 3Ds before but I hadn't and believed things were flying around and coming at us from behind! We were buzzing when we came out and I promised her we'd do this more often. She doesn't know who Tintin is and nor do I really so we're going to find out.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 04:11 PM

I have not been to the pictures in about 17 years. I have a husband who does not like going so to be honest we dont, I am not that bothered though. We have sky so if i want to watch a film i watch it from there.
I can understand what you mean about not having the 3D effect or the sound effects but i dont mind.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 05:06 PM

There is a website www.showfilmfirst.com, which occasionally gives free screenings in your local Odeon for a new release. Likewise, if you take The Mail On Sunday, they also do the same thing. The screenings are usually on Sunday mornings at 10.30am. We saw The Help, a couple of weeks ago.You have to register your e-mail on the website, but thats all.
Margaret
Somerset
Margaret is female  Margaret has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 05:23 PM

No, I don't often go. Last time I went I took the grandchildren to see Alice in Wonderland in 3D. Really enjoyed it.
aitch
Wigan
aitch is male  aitch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 06:17 PM

Im taking my granddaughter to see TinTin on sunday morning, we always go at this time to this particular cinema in Bolton, its never packed, easy parking, and a Frankie and Bennies just across the road, so all in all it makes for a nice day out and its not that expensive.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 08:07 PM

I got out of the cinema habit years and years ago; never seen 3D.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 08:11 PM

Same here Eileen, would rather go to the theatre, but was disgusted at the way people dress for the theatre, once upon a time you got dressed up to go, now anything goes.
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2011, 09:34 PM

The last time I went to the Cinema was to watch Memphis Belle.
Cant remember how long ago that was

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top