Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 09:54 AM

Moved

Well I have just about moved, and now have t'internet again. A few things still to clear from the old garage, and some cleaning to do, but I've been in my new home since Monday. The builders are already working on the extension, my spare room is floor to ceiling boxes and furniture, my study is littered with excess pictures for which there is no wall space, and Bennie seems to have got used to our new home. And I've lost five pounds over the past month of daily heaving of boxes and furniture

It is much cosier than my last home, although it is rather strange to have my morning coffee without staring out to sea.

I'm taking a week's holiday on Monday to recover…

This place seems to have been very active in my absence, so no chance at the moment to catch up, but I'll eventually get back into regular visits.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:01 AM

Re: Moved

You will need that week to recover, hope you can relax
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Thanks Patsy I haven't been able to relax for what seems like ages, so am really looking forward to being away so I CAN'T keep doing things here. Plenty of time when I get back.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 11:25 AM

My best wishes to you and make the most of that holiday

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 11:34 AM

It can be a harrowing experience to move home. Sounds like you are getting it sorted. Shame you lost the sea view, that is something i would love to have.

Mind having builders about will probably keep you on your toes, hope it all comes to a satisfying conclusion soon.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 11:53 AM

Enjoy your holiday Ania
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Yes moving can be very stressful, but when we moved, and I was saying about everything that needed doing, my youngest daughter said "just think in a years time this will be a distant memory" and it was. Have never regretted moving.

Hope you are happy in your new home.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-11-2015, 12:03 PM

Ania you must be so relieved the move is all over .
I wish you every happiness in your new home...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

29-11-2015, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
It can be a harrowing experience to move home. Sounds like you are getting it sorted. Shame you lost the sea view, that is something i would love to have.

Mind having builders about will probably keep you on your toes, hope it all comes to a satisfying conclusion soon.
Thanks Nom. A bit more than harrowing, even!

Although it IS a shame to lose the sea view, there are downsides to living quite so close to the sea and I won't miss those. And my new view is of rolling hills, so I can't complain.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

29-11-2015, 05:54 PM

Thanks for all the good wishes.

I've just packed for my holiday and am pretty impressed that I managed to find everything I need (I think!). Nearly forgot the binoculars and wasn't sure where I had put them but I'm pleased to say that I found them in the first box I checked. I guess I managed to be a bit more organised than I had thought. This trip is going to be an immersion in nature so birds, reptiles and lemurs for company for the next week

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top