Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 10:37 PM

Sci-fi box sets.

Any one seen any of the following Sci-Fi box sets.

Space.

Falling Skies,

Continium,

Any good or not worth the purchase, ?
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2014, 10:52 PM

Re: Sci-fi box sets.

Falling Skies is good if you like Sci-Fi with alien invasions of Earth in it.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:16 AM

Thanks for the recommendation Graham,i dont have TV these days so its good to have some feedback. I took a chance on Game of Thrones and hit on something that i really enjoy.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 09:30 AM

I watched Falling Skies and Continium
I only watched a few of both. They both looked exciting
when they were first out but I am not into a lot of Sci Fi
myself and got a little bored eventually.
If you have nothing to watch though Nom it would be a
good buy and they are well done series. Cant think what
Space was or who was in that one.
Do you not buy the space ones like Deep Space 9 etc.
I think they are well made and interesting. We still
watch those kind of Star Trekkie ones as they are on a
rerun on TV at the moment.
Have you watched the box set of The Band of Brothers, that's
the best ever if you like war films. We bought that box set.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 10:40 AM

Hi Nom

I watched Falling Skies and enjoyed it. I watch lots of Sci Fi shows and thought this was good.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 10:55 AM

You got me thinking about the Sci Fi programmes that I watch and love.

Warehouse 13
Defiance
Primeval (UK and American)
V

These are worth a look.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 11:15 AM

Nothing beats Babylon 5 for me box set with all the films too - brilliant.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

31-03-2014, 12:59 PM

Thanks all,ive bought the first 2 series of Falling skies,so wwill report back after watching them Santa brought the Babylon 5 Box set Julie, best series ive seen.

Warehouse 13 is a new one for me so i will do a bit of reserach. I did enjoy Deep space 9 but the box sets are still pricey. Thanks for all the feedback.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
You got me thinking about the Sci Fi programmes that I watch and love.

Warehouse 13
Defiance
Primeval (UK and American)
V

These are worth a look.
Be wary of V. It was cancelled after the second season and it was not hard to see why. The only good thing about it was it looked good, but apart from that it wasn't hardly about anything and nothing really important happened in it. If you can, have a look for the original '80's film series on which it was based.
Graham
South Hampshire

31-03-2014, 05:25 PM

You may be interested in Battlestar Galactica, (the later remake, not the glitzy 1970's series). Classic sci-fi which ran for four seasons - at least it is classic up to around halfway in series 3 and quickly runs out of steam. But it does have some excellent writing and characters.

However, I can very strongly recommend the best ever fantastic Scifi series ever made...Firefly. This is TV Scifi at it's best. Unfortunately only one series was made due to some very bad decisions made by the Fox network which killed it long, long before it's time, as it was planned to run for seven seasons. But upon cancellation, it grew a massive fanbase and a followup was made into a feature film 'Serenity' (which has been on TV a few times). If you can, please give this a look - you will enjoy it. But watch the series before the film as the series delves into the story and characters and give the film a better grounding for watching.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top