Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 07:53 PM

Furious !!

On December 31st, I placed an order with Argos. Was told that the item was in stock, and that it would be delivered today (Jan 9th) some time between 7:00am and 6:00pm.

On January 2nd, I received an email, confirming the order and the delivery date/times.

On January 3rd, the money was taken from my bank account.

Have been home all day today - no delivery.

Telephoned Argos - after the usual rigmarole of press 1 for this, 2 for that and 3 to go completely insane - I finally spoke to a person who, politely informed me that my item was out of stock. No, they do not keep 'back order' details, I would have to order again in 10 days time. Yes, they would refund my money but it would take 5 working days to do so.

When I pointed out that this was not a very efficient way of doing business - said person hung up on me!

Guess who have just lost a customer ??!! AAaargh !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 07:57 PM

Re: Furious !!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
On December 31st I placed an order with Argos. Was told that the item was in stock, and that it would be delivered today (Jan 9th) some time between 7:00am and 6:00pm.

On January 2nd I received an email, confirming the order and the delivery date/times.

On January 3rd the money was taken from my bank account.

Have been home all day today - no delivery.

Telephoned Argos - after the usual rigmarole of press 1 for this and 2 for that - I finally spoke to a person who, politely informed me that my item was out of stock. No, they do not keep 'back order' details, I would have to order again in 10 days tie. Yes, they would refund my money but it would take 5 working days to do so.

When I pointed out that this was not a very efficient way of doing business - said person hung up on me!

Guess who have just lost a customer ??!! AAaargh !
How Argos has changed !!
I would be furious too - in fact I am, on your behalf !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 07:59 PM

Thank you, Patsy. I am especially furious because the item I ordered was a folding door to give extra safety for my cats !
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 07:59 PM

I usually pre order from Argos and have the item delivered to my local store, when I go to pick it up it's ready for collection immediately
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 08:03 PM

That was very ignorant of them to hang up Silver, you’re right to be annoyed. I never ordered anything on line from Argos (my grandson says that stands for All Rubbish Goes On Sale) but I do use the reserve service and never had any problems when I went in to collect.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

09-01-2015, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I usually pre order from Argos and have the item delivered to my local store, when I go to pick it up it's ready for collection immediately
I don't have transport, Honey and Jem, and the local Argos is 1 mile walk away.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 08:50 PM

got the same problem with Idealworld .tv. item ordered not delivered now supposedly out of stock

Today I managed to get hold of the procuring manager in head office, customer service ?????? rubbish, who is going to look into it for me.

My advice is to find argos head office and possible someone in authority and lodge your compliant to them
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 08:54 PM

Silver Tabby

email this person with your complaint. he might not be the one to directly deal with it but he sure will pass it on to the right person

Corporate Governance

Gordon Bentley, Company Secretary
Home Retail Group
489-499 Avebury Boulevard
Saxon Gate West
Central Milton Keynes
MK9 2NW

+44 (0)1908 600 732+44 (0)1908 600 721
gordon.bentley@homeretailgroup.com

if customer service can't help then go top the top and work up to chairmans office
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

09-01-2015, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Silver Tabby

email this person with your complaint. he might not be the one to directly deal with it but he sure will pass it on to the right person

Corporate Governance

Gordon Bentley, Company Secretary
Home Retail Group
489-499 Avebury Boulevard
Saxon Gate West
Central Milton Keynes
MK9 2NW

+44 (0)1908 600 732+44 (0)1908 600 721
gordon.bentley@homeretailgroup.com

if customer service can't help then go top the top and work up to chairmans office
Thank you, Realspeed, I will do that !
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2015, 10:28 PM

Silver Tabby - please let us know how you get on!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top